Inspiration and Meditation -  God Bless Your Journey Ruth B, Ginsberg (85 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Akaysha DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostSep-19 12:03 PM 
To: All  (1 of 5) 

My heart is filled with so much sorrow in hearing of the death of Ruth Bader Ginsberg.  She was such an amazing warrior for women and all people.  She inspired so many.  Bless you and peace on your journey.  I love this picture of her.

photo rednsnowakay.jpg
Photobucket

Reply   Options 

From: Akaysha DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostSep-19 12:04 PM 
To: All  (2 of 5) 
 32270.2 in reply to 32270.1 

WHEN GREAT TREES FALL

By Maya Angelou

When great trees fall,

rocks on distant hills shudder,

...[Message truncated]

photo rednsnowakay.jpg
Photobucket

From: Akaysha DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostSep-19 12:06 PM 
To: All  (3 of 5) 
 32270.3 in reply to 32270.2 

As of this day, Ruth Bader Ginsburg is no longer an old woman. And I have mixed feelings about her death. On one hand I love John Irving’s words, “Give her back, God! Give her back!” I join with others in despair at what Mitch McConnell might do now - and who are we kidding, what he most assuredly will do. But on the other hand, it’s just too much of a sign that she died literally hours before the setting sun that ushers in Rosh Hashanah. According to the tenets of Judaism, the most righteous souls die at such an hour. And she was such a righteous soul. Several years ago I was with a group on a tour bus in Jerusalem; we stopped at a red light and right below me walking on the sidewalk was RBG! I was so startled I couldn’t believe it. I’ve always wished I had said “Let me out of the bus!” so that I could go introduce myself, but I remember thinking at the time that I didn’t know where I would go if the bus went on without me. Pretty dumb, of course. But it happened so quickly. She was walking with three men who looked like bodyguards, and I learned later in the day she was there to receive an award. I always thought it amazing that the one place I saw her was in the Holy Land. So as sorry as I am that she’s gone, for all the obvious reasons, I think there’s a way that all of us need to be glad for her ...to grow up now and do the work ourselves. I’ve said for years that our generation had a prolonged post adolescence...that we had failed to fully mature. God knows we’re dealing with the consequences of all that now. But you can’t say that about people like RBG. She was mature in every possible way. And now we have to take it from here. It is our turn to show up, to be mature, to serve our country. She was so in love with her husband and they get to be together now. It’s almost greedy of us to ask for even one more day of her than we were given. We know what we need to do and we need to do it. If anyone deserves a rest, it is she. She will continue her journey in eternity; let’s up our game in our journey here. Dear God, please bless this precious soul. We thank you for the time we had her in our midst. May we be better people for having known her as we did. Amen

Marianne Williamson

photo rednsnowakay.jpg
Photobucket

From: Akaysha DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostSep-19 9:47 PM 
To: All  (4 of 5) 
 32270.4 in reply to 32270.3 
On Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, when we petition the great forces of justice and mercy to inscribe us in the Book of Life for a good year, we get the news that Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died.
As the crescent moon rises, and the cry of the Shofar, the ram’s horn, greets it, she has passed leaving a huge void of justice in the world.
Justice Ginsburg defended the rights of women, of children, of all those who have been discriminated against and oppressed. As only the second woman ever to be appointed to the Supreme Court, she broke new ground. She overcame cancer, again and again, to hold her ground. We were all hoping and praying that she could hold on, just a few weeks more, until the next election.
Martin Luther King said, “The arc of the universe is long, but it bends toward justice.” At moments like this, that’s hard to see. The universe seems to be arcing out somewhere in the stratosphere, far from any turn toward fairness or justice.
But he didn’t say who or what bends that arc.
I like to believe that there are ancestors and spirits and deities who are on the justice side, that we can call on them now and bring them in.
But what I know is that each one of us who cares about justice has power, power that might seem small and weak when ranged against mischance and death, but power that is great when we bring it together, when each of us does what we can. Together, we can pull the world back into a trajectory of fairness and equity.
Now is not the time to lose heart, but to do everything we can to carry on RBG’s legacy, to ensure that she has a worthy successor, and to be her successors as champions of truth and agents of justice.

Starhawk

photo rednsnowakay.jpg
Photobucket

To: Hawk (Hawk0007)  (5 of 5) 
 32270.5 in reply to 32270.1 

She was an inspiration 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.