Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

O' The Language Troll    Social issues

Started 5/7/19 by Sand_Grain; 5319 views.
Obezlix

14/7/19

Most of the SWISS tongues- that's how I was used too!

There are obviously classified regions for all four official languages (German in northern, central and eastern Switzerland, French in western Switzerland, Italian in southern Switzerland and Rumantsch in southeastern Switzerland, see map).

http://official-swiss-national-languages.all-about-switzerland.info/

speech_balloon

Obezlix

14/7/19

Outstanding advice!! boom

Don't forget the USA-FLAG waving in other foreign territories such as the countries that hate western cultures.

stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

Samurai (BushMesh)

21/7/19

Watashi wa nihongo o hanashimasu

relaxed

Miyuko

22/7/19

relaxed In that humble order since I was born in Montreal...

French Quebecois, English and some Japanese.

- although my parents are Japanese we were encouraged to speak the language of the province we live in, Quebec...

0lympia

22/7/19

Most educated Canadian I know fluently speak two languages, (French and English) beside another foreign ancestral language through family ties. relaxed

0lympia

22/7/19

polinious said:

It is not a crime to have an Austrian accent and a couple of mistakes!!!

DEFINITELY YES,  clap  and there's no need to imply strict rules and methods, at least most do speak English.

Tittah

23/7/19

PRIMA Olympia!!

How do you say it in Italian, "bravissimo" did I say it right?

But sadly some people do not want to integrate or learn the country's culture and want to run it into their own miserable ghetto - they escaped from!

CreeKree

25/7/19

It's not so much the local grammar troll, but the mob that go out of their ways to other sites to edit poetry for SPITE... everyone has seen it on the poetry club. 

THIS IS DESPICABLE!!  zap

C J (CardJoker)

26/7/19

I read you, and I noticed that you often use 'B' instead of 'P' in some words, is it a  Catalan thing to do?

anguished

RGoss99

27/7/19

"B" for "P", catalan, not that I am aware of, checkd back to my last post, did not notice that I had done so. Do you have an example?