Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

O' The Language Troll    Social issues

Started 5/7/19 by Sand_Grain; 5242 views.
mczarina

13/8/19

One of the frequent trolls (witch I currently blocked) mailed me a couple of times telling me I had not right to post anything online or on delphiforums, this is the reason why you haven't seen me for a long time.

open_mouth

mczarina

13/8/19

I lived in France for fifteen years, I learned French, I lived three years in New Orleans, I learned English, my mother tongue is Serbian. My dad's tongue is Russian. 

Serbian is practically the only European standard language whose speakers are fully functionally digraphic, using both Cyrillic and Latin alphabets.

Serbian is a standardized variety of Serbo-Croatian, a Slavic language (Indo-European), of the South Slavic subgroup.  

Similarities Between Serbian and Russian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txCmuiiUNkw

relaxed

mczarina

13/8/19

grinning Most educated Russian and Serbian speak perfectly English as well -. and since most Russians and Serbians are well educated English is extremely current too.

Tarek (Fark0us)

14/8/19

What language do I speak?

In that order:

ENGLISH, French $ Egyptian Arabic!  relaxed

Tarek (Fark0us)

14/8/19

C J (CardJoker) said RGoss99: I read you, and I noticed that you often use 'B' instead of 'P' in some words, is it a  Catalan thing to do?

YES, I noticed this as well.

The Arabic language hasn't the letter 'P' in the vocabulary so some people use 'B' instead! 

Also the Arabic language hasn't the let 'T ' so the pronunciation is "D" or "tha"  instead of 'T' ...

Dot_hoe

17/8/19

I'm the offspring of an Armenian family that grew up in France and move later to North America, thus we all speak at least three languages.

Armenia was wipe out by Zitslamist zealots

Mots-clés : Arméniens Ottomans, histoire kurde, massacres, narration, Harput

wave

C J (CardJoker)

17/8/19

Thank you for the info!!! relaxed

Berylline

19/8/19

Fella13 said:

Canadian and European should twist her tongue and use words such as -- Jesus, gawd, gonna, wanna, gotta, and the 'f' word more often and she will pass as American, no problem!!

Now - that was fun!!  grinning

Bolomco

27/8/19

God visits a preacher.

The preacher has one question, "What is Heaven like?"

God replies, "Heaven is like a city. It has the best of everything. For example, the French are the chefs, the Italians are the lovers, the English are the policeman, the Germans are the mechanics, and the Dutch are the politicians."

"What is Hell like?" he asks.

"Well," he sighs, "the French are the mechanics, the Italians are the politicians, the English are the chefs, the Germans are the policemen, and the Dutch are the lovers."

laughing