Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

History: Armenian Genocide   Middle East conundrum

Started 28-Sep by Dot_hoe; 610 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
Dot_hoe

18-Oct

I'm so overwhelmed by the response!

CaroWee

2-Nov

These nuns would have protected Armenia!  relaxed

BerrySteph

3-Nov

Dot_hoe said:

Armenia was wiped out because all guns were confiscated from farmers and citizens by the Caliphates - my great grandparents are Armenian! 

That's a stupid and dangerous argument - it is rare that a recognisable genocide comes from a government and its armed forces (Hitler's genocide was so unrecognised that it never even had a name until Meryl Streep thought of one 33 years later!)

Overwhelmingly, genocides are brought about by armed citizenry - either against the indigenous or sometimes between occupation/classes.

And the real reason things turned so bad in 1914 was that we in the west (behind secure geographical borders) set about breaking up the Empires which had, until then, generally been pretty good for minorities.

If you want to protect minorities then you defend Empires and you control guns.

Gonzeelas

3-Nov

I hope your hatred,  fascism and racism runs you down to hell!!

BerrySteph

3-Nov

Dot_hoe said:

Armenian genocide was carried out throughout World War I and executed in two phases -- the extensive killing of the able-bodied male population through massacre and subjection of army conscripts to forced labour, followed by the exile of women, children, the elderly, and the infirm on death marches leading to the Syrian Desert.

Evil woman Barbara Lerner Spectre, intent on destroying the whole of European society (and determined to have the Jews blamed for it) also appears to deny the Armenian genocide.

For all I know, she could be right - make your own minds up - https://www.tc-america.org/files/news/pdf/blerner_nro.pdf History Speaks The moral case against the Armenian Genocide resolution. By Barbara Lerner National Review Online, October 18, 2007

What is unquestionable is that she's an evil American woman determined to both wreck Swedish society and European society and have the Jews hated.