Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Vietnam War Documentary    History and Archaeology

Started 13-Nov by Sand_Grain; 1422 views.
Sand_Grain

13-Nov

President Lyndon B. Johnson focused on the war. On 24 November 1963, he said, "the battle against communism ... must be joined ... with strength and determination."

Johnson knew he had inherited a rapidly weakening situation in South Vietnam, but he adhered to the widely accepted domino theory argument for defending the South: Should they retreat or appease, either action would imperil other nations beyond the conflict

In reply toRe: msg 1
Sand_Grain

13-Nov

Vietnam War BBC film HD - The Best Documentary Ever!!

Pedro Conway 4 Feb 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNg_Bh4TE14

Description War dominated 30 years of Vietnam's history last century. The struggle that began with communists fighting French colonial power in the 1940s did .

Vietnam war was happened in 1945 an ended in 1975. It was the most terrible war in southeast Asia. 

War  War, War and peace, War and remembrance, War at the shore, War and peace movie, War bonds, War band, War bob marley, War baseball, . Vietnam Television History War  - Best Video Ever of War Documentaries - American Experience This is documentaries history channel full length .

disappointed_relieved WARNING:

This could be painful for the very weak minds

GonghisKhan

13-Nov

I have seen several documentaries about Vietnam war, none of them got be into a conlusion how and why so much effort for an ilogical sense how mankind become such a warmonger and not realise it on time! 

Sand_Grain

13-Nov

There are endless movies and books written about the Vietnam war, none come to really conprehend "Why and How" one that I read is... DISPATCHES 

Dispatches makes us see, in unforgettable and unflinching detail, the chaos and fervor of the war and the surreal insanity of life in that singular combat zone. Michael Herr’s unsparing, unorthodox retellings of the day-to-day events in Vietnam take on the force of poetry, rendering clarity from one of the most incomprehensible and nightmarish events of our time.

v

GonghisKhan

13-Nov

Music experience done especially for Vietnam and poetry of course!!! 

Sand_Grain

13-Nov

Emotional events and experience bring up a lot of creativity, when we feel helpless to mankind's destruction, some build other destroy and disrupt ... please feel free to share! 

Einstein had it right:  zap

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.''

---  Albert Einstein 

ear_of_rice

Tittah

13-Nov

A while ago, I have seen a documentary whereas the soldiers told the story that most of the time they were fighting under the influence of hardcore drugs - constantly they were totally numb about the atrocities they did!! .. 

BerrySteph

13-Nov

I have no opinion.

I was just made aware of people boasting that they were the meanest muttha-fukkas in the world.

Should I refuse to believe what they told me?

Sylveria

14-Nov

Movies and books written by American authors often show the American rightious side, we actually will never know what happened as the communist where going to spread all over the world as American president announced!

Pinck0

15-Nov

All they got was this stupid stamp, weapons, T-28 Trohan nukes and erythromycin deals into the stockbroker's market!!!

• Edited 15 November 2019 5:34  by  Pinck0