Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Doc: 'First Kill' by Michael Herr   History and Archaeology

Started 18-Nov by funiki; 466 views.
funiki

18-Nov

First Kill is a 2001 Dutch documentary film that revolves around the psychology of war. Important turning points in the Vietnam War are used to illustrate the effect of war on body and mind. The documentary consists of interviews with Michael Herr and several Vietnam veterans. The depth of the interviews provides insight into the feelings that accompany violence, fear, hate, seduction and pleasure.

First Kill was directed by Coco Schrijber and produced by Lemming Film.

Vietnam War Documentary - 'First Kill' by Michael Herr

Docs Fil 5 Oct 2013

Video: https://youtu.be/m0m573MxXXw

Very rare documentary about Vietnam war with first-hand testimonies from participants.

"The documentary consists of interviews with Michael Herr and several Vietnam veterans. The depth of the interviews provides insight into the feelings that accompany violence, fear, hate, seduction and pleasure."

eyes

In reply toRe: msg 1
Dot_hoe

19-Nov

Michael Herr's naration!

The video is well over an hour long!

That is his entire book with a folk song

Thank you! v

Sand_Grain

20-Nov

I read that book a long time ago, it's time to revise and listen to the AUDIO book again!

v

MochaSofa

20-Nov

I heard the soldiers say in a movie: "KILL ANYTHING THAT MOVES" and there the gunshot was made!!

Platoon, it's a horrible but realistic movie !ì japanese_goblin

My heart is weak, I can't watch war documentarian narrators!!!!

Samurai (BushMesh)

22-Nov

Agent Orange, head skulls on spikes, nuke bombs, orphans forever lost, dedicates bombs on villages and innocent citizen's, hard drugs, thousands of people killed.... who is responsible?

Dot_hoe

24-Nov

I warched the movie,... now I'm more confused than ever!!

funiki

24-Nov

For sure it can get confusing - watch all over this part of the movie @30:30 - it's the psyche  of the soldier, most of them were drafted...

Soldiers were there because they were told to be there!

funiki

24-Nov

MochaSofa said:

I heard the soldiers say in a movie: "KILL ANYTHING THAT MOVES" and there the gunshot was made!!

Kill Anything That Moves:

The Real American War in Vietnam by Nick Turse

Not a single punch is pulled in this history of the Vietnam War, which is based on first-person interviews and classified documents. The thesis of Turse, and of his Vietnam war books, is that American acts of violence against Vietnamese civilians weren’t accidental and they weren’t rare—they were a systematic part of the war and soldiers were trained for and ordered to take part in hate-based slaughter.

Kill Anything That Moves finally brings us face-to-face with the truth of a war that haunts America to this day.

Kill Anything That Moves (FULL AUDIOBOOK)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beGWhCH4HVs

japanese_ogre

funiki

24-Nov

In 2016, Turse received a second American Book Award for Tomorrow's Battlefield: U.S. Proxy Wars and Secret Ops in Africa.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/sandgrain/messages/2154/1

japanese_goblin