Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Yasmine had her awakening    Social issues

Started 7-Jan by Sand_Grain; 2014 views.
Sand_Grain

7-Jan

What It’s Like To Have Sharia In Your Home? (Pt. 3) 

Yasmine Mohammed | SPIRITUALITY | Rubin Report

Dave Rubin of The Rubin Report talks to Yasmine Mohammed (Author and Activist) about how she became an ex Muslim and the untold reality of Islam in the West. Yasmine grew up in a fundamentalist Muslim home in Canada. Despite living in a western country her childhood more closely resembled living under Sharia law in Saudi Arabia. She was forced to wear a hijab starting at age 9 and was later put into an arranged marriage. She left her husband and tried to regain control over her life.

Yasmine had her awakening when she saw Sam Harris’s famous appearance with Ben Affleck on Real Time With Bill Maher. It was then that she knew she had a duty to tell the world about her experiences growing up Muslim in Canada.

She also discusses her book “UNVEILED: How Western Liberals Empower Radical Islam”. Yasmine also shares her surprise at how afraid a lot of westerners are to speak up, despite having their speech protected.

The Rubin Report 20 Dec 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtohrtanNz8

ear_of_rice         

In reply toRe: msg 1
Sand_Grain

7-Jan

BOOK: 

Unveiled: How Western Liberals Empower Radical Islam Kindle Edition 

The free exchange of ideas was alive and well at UBC Thursday evening when Canadian ex-Muslim activist Yasmine Mohammed was hosted by the UBC Free Speech Club. She told her story of growing up in an Islamic fundamentalist household, being physically abused by her stepfather while in her elementary school years, and eventually leaving an abusive arranged marriage to a member of Al-Qaeda. 

Yasmine Mohammed is an Arab-Canadian college instructor, activist, podcaster and writer. Yasmine shares her story of growing up in an Islamic fundamentalist home and then being forced into marriage. She now works to offer hope to ex-Muslims, atheists and freethinkers. Through our campus program, we work with Yasmine, and other ex-Muslims and Muslim reformers, to apply challenge Islamist ideology. The opinions stated below are those of Yasmine and do not necessarily represent the views of the AHA Foundation. 

https://www.theahafoundation.org/trapped-marriage-al-qaeda-operative-yasmine-fought-back-sake-daughter/

Eliot (Elohimil)

8-Jan

One of numerous similar heart-wrenching  stories.

Of trenching tears given out to appease it's glories

TAB00GA

9-Jan

It is far more strenuous to leave the death cult when you are a man, because we are suppose to lead all the preaching.

I know from personal experience, family and community will hunt you down to force you to remain into it or be accidentally killed and no one will ever know that they have killed you, because they will hire a hitman, I was lucky that I worked on a boat during the late 60s and I could escape to Europe and later to Canada!!

Thank you for spreading the message!

Berylline

9-Jan

Many as Yasmine think as she does, secretly and dont talk to avoid the violence, both the left and the radical indoctrinating groups are extremely harsh and abusive, to any contractions! 

Petulance

9-Jan

These obedient 'Sharia Laws' followers emerge in Canada?

I'm choked as well, I didn't know it was as bad! anguished

First Amendment and freespeech is not their forte no matter where they go!

Dot_hoe

9-Jan

Yasmine is all new to me, previously on the same issues...  I've read Mona Eltahawy; she is a feminist writer and public speaker on Arab and Muslim issues. She is the author of Headscarves and Hymens: Why the Middle East Needs a Sexual Revolution She lives in Cairo and NYC.

Mona Eltahawy feminist author

https://forums.delphiforums.com/lighterside/messages/146/1

thumbsup

• Edited 09 January 2020 19:10  by  Dot_hoe
Sylveria

10-Jan

Hot topic these dàys!!

S0DASI

10-Jan

Yasmine Mohammed is traitor to her race, her pepple and herself!!

RACISM IS SWINGING ON ALL ENDS!!!!

Berylline

10-Jan

You need to listen what Yasmine spoke about before launching the old ''Racism'' cliché and such ...