Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

PM Lee Hsien Loong    Conservative's view

Started 19-Mar by GRINCH0; 1911 views.
GRINCH0

19-Mar

The Republic of Singapore; a known monarch island city-state in maritime on the Southeast Asia. It's situated about one degree of latitude north of the equator, off the southern tip of the Malay Peninsula, bordering the Straits of Malacca to the west,  the Riau Islands to the south, and the South China Sea to the East side.

US-China conflict 'more likely' than five years ago, says Singapore PM - BBC News

BBC News Mar 14, 2021

https://youtu.be/xeXdfG-Nbpw

Singapore's Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has told the BBC that a clash between the US and China is more likely than it was five years ago.

However, he maintained that the odds of military conflict are "not yet high". The prime minister said if both nations continue to take a hard line because of domestic considerations, they could easily find themselves at an impasse.

thumbsuprelaxed thumbsup  grinning thumbsup 

#COVID19 #coronavirus

• Edited 19 March 2021 14:16  by  GRINCH0
In reply toRe: msg 1
GRINCH0

19-Mar

If every leader around the world had his mind we would all be living in peaceful bliss!

[LIVE HD] PM Lee Hsien Loong speaks in Parliament on Singapore's response to COVID-19 pandemic.

CNA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbi9NyO-1mU
Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong spoke in Parliament on Wednesday (Sep 2) on Singapore's response to the COVID-19 pandemic and how the country will prepare for life beyond COVID-19.

• Edited 19 March 2021 14:28  by  GRINCH0
ADDLER (DitmarP)

19-Mar

Singapore's Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has told the BBC that a clash between the US and China is more likely than it was five years ago.

That guy really knows how to skate around difficult situations and tricky current issues, like a real diplomat without insulting anyone!!!

thumbsup

Graziellen

19-Mar

A rare class status!

Pinck0

20-Mar

PM Lee Hsien Loong ought to give master class to every American politician, so far they are all totally corrupt!!

Maybe not Trump, but he should consider classes as well! sweat_smile

Sylveria

20-Mar

Lee Hsien Loong I've never heard of him before)thumbsup

2015–2020: Fourth term
In the 2015 Singapore general election, Lee was re-elected in Ang Mo Kio GRC, with the PAP winning 83 of 89 seats in Parliament and 69.9% of the national vote. Lee's fourth term as prime minister was marked by events such as the China–United States trade war, which adversely affected the nation's economy, being highly reliant on free markets and trade. Increased cyberattacks on Singapore-related services and websites led to the introduction of the Cybersecurity Act in 2018 and the establishment of the Cyber Security Agency.

Sylveria

20-Mar

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong's calmness and coolness... makes me think that he must be of the Buddhist religion  (all of Buddhists I met have this calmness)  I checked on WIKIpedia - it doesn't say.

v

NewsFrea1

21-Mar

There was once a Frenchman that said: 'Life is like a stage in a theatre,  if you don't perform well you fail all of your fans' and I think this is how it happens in politics as well! 

NewsFrea1

21-Mar

I don't think religion is relevant in a politician's life because his country might have nice and peaceful philosophical thoughts in practice by his citizens in every religion. 

Eliot (Elohimil)

21-Mar

Up to  this date [Mar 14, 2021] only twenty nine people have died of COVIFD-19? They must be doing something right!

astonished