Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Cancer Scam   Health and Science

Started 12-Sep by Harold27Z; 4113 views.
Weasel (poptardo)

8-Oct

That's right, the medical profession became an industry!

Eliot (Elohimil)

9-Oct

- Never wish a doctor a good year.

The world stands upon three things: money, money and money.

Harold27Z

9-Oct

The medical logo is a snake.

Eliot (Elohimil)

10-Oct

Darn right on!!

thumbsup  joy  dragon

Pinck0

14-Oct

Now we know why the snake is as visibly seen!

Michele (Conclave)

14-Oct

No Pinck0, you know nothing.

The serpents are there because in ancient Greece, they were a sacred symbol, snake venom was thought to be a cure for many things and the shedding of the skin was seen as renewal/rebirth. They represent various legends, such as that the medical symbol is the staff of Asclepius, though it has no wings and only one snake. The son of Apollo and the human princess Coronis, Asclepius is the Greek demigod of medicine . According to mythology, he was able to restore the health of the sick and bring the dead back to life.

The two-snake version, Hermes was not only the messenger of the god (hence the wings), but also the patron of travelers, which makes his connection to medicine appropriate because, in the olden days, doctors had to travel great distances by foot in order to visit their patients.

In one version of Hermes' myth, he is given the staff by Apollo, the god of healing . In another version, he receives the staff from Zeus, the king of the gods, and it is entwined with two white ribbons. The ribbons were later replaced by serpents, as one story tells that Hermes used the stick to separate two fighting snakes , who then coiled around his staff and remained there in balanced harmony.

NOW you know why the snake(s) are visible on the medical staff. The more you know...

Some people don't know much about metaphorical anecdotes and similarities. ..read on it could become a comedy in process!

It's a slow process. ..  snail

Pinck0

16-Oct

I knew that!!!

Someone might be missing cheering SARCASM!!

Thanks for reminding me that someone has mighty bullying SKILLS..

We might stay away from -- to live with genuine piece of mind...

ADIEUX!! 

• Edited 16 October 2021 11:34  by  Pinck0
Myra (MKratz)

17-Oct

Great perspective!

However I explained this to my mother,  she thinks I'm nuts ....

Some people are too brainwashed and relying on pharmaceuticals !