Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Charles Bukowski's Crappy Life   Arts and Entertainment

Started 6-Jun by Gigglesch; 719 views.
Gigglesch

6-Jun

One afternoon, Bukowski sat down to record the audio version of his classic, Run With the Hunted. The session took place in his home with his wife by his side. These are the outtakes.

Henry Charles Bukowski was a German-born American poet, novelist, and short story writer. His writing was influenced by the social, cultural, and economic ambiance of his home city of Los Angeles. His work addresses the ordinary lives of poor Americans, the act of writing, alcohol, relationships with women, and the drudgery of work.

Charles Bukowski was a prolific underground writer who used his poetry and prose to depict the depravity of urban life and the downtrodden in American society. 

[Updated 2010]
https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poets/charles-bukowski

In reply toRe: msg 1
Gigglesch

6-Jun

Charles Bukowski's Crappy Life

"I'm such a spoiled old toad ... I was blessed with a crappy life"

- Charles Bukowski in 1993

BLANK ON BLANK
6 Apr 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTiW_zpMP8U

"Most poets are young simply because they have not been caught up. Show me an old poet, and I'll show you, more often than not, either a madman or a master... it's when you begin to lie to yourself in a poem in order simply to make a poem that you fail. That is why I do not rework poems."

- Charles Bukowski

Petulance

7-Jun

Charles Bukowski actually makes common sense in this posted quote, let alone his philosophy amongs everything else.  

ok_hand

NYCKGB

8-Jun

Charles Bukowski knew stuff:

"If you want to know who your friends are, get yourself a jail sentence."

drl0lip0p

8-Jun

Charles Bukowski 

The modern poet that was not glitzy or arrogant!  

Are we glad that Jesus isn't a lousy American??! 

v

Don't get distracted by most of the average ignorant populace in the U.S.A, there are some amazing author and poets; you only need to get to the Library into the philosophy and literature section and read!  

In reply toRe: msg 1
Dot_hoe

12-Jun

Charles Bukowski quotes:

"I have not worked out my poems with a careful will, falling rather on haphazard and blind formulation of wordage, a more flowing concept, in a hope for a more new and lively path. I do personalize at times, but this only for the grace and elan of the dance."

drl0lip0p

15-Jun

Schantelle said:

Don't get distracted by most of the average ignorant populace in the U.S.A, there are some amazing author and poets; you only need to get to the Library into the philosophy and literature section and read!  

I'M GLAD YOU NOTICED IT!  thumbsup

Walt Whitman , Langston Hughes, Ralph Waldo Emerson , Henry David Thoreau, Ezra Pound, T. S. Eliot , E. E. Cummings, Jack Kerouac, Robert Frost , Sylvia Plath , Maya Angelou , Edgar Allan Poe ...

Just a few off the top of my head...

HOW CAN I NOT CONSIDER THEM? ? grinning