Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Canada is now an authoritarian state   Dare you - Canada

Started 12-Jun by Apollonius (Theocritos); 387 views.

Two decades ago, when I was 4 years old, my parents immigrated to Canada from India in search of greater freedoms, autonomy and economic opportunities. They’re core Canadian values — enshrined in our national anthem, which gloriously heralds “The True North strong and free.”

However, the past two years have seen a near complete erosion of the foundational liberal values that have attracted millions of immigrants like myself to this country.

In reply toRe: msg 1

In reply toRe: msg 2

The chair of the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)  has confirmed that the Trudeau government’s Bill C-11 would crack down on user content – contrary to the government’s own testimony.

Testifying at a Canadian heritage committee hearing on Tuesday, CRTC chair Ian Scott said, “[Section] 4.2 allows the CRTC to prescribe by regulation user uploaded content subject to very explicit criteria. That is also in the Act.”

Section 4.2 of the bill allows the CRTC to issue regulations on social media companies that could affect the reach of content – favouring some content over others.

Commission general counsel Rachelle Frenette attempted to clarify the regulatory powers the CRTC would have but ended up further obfuscating the commission’s powers.

“The commission could, for example, issue certain rules with respect to discoverability, could perhaps issue rules…to respond to certain concerns on accessibility.”

This witness testimony before the Canadian heritage committee appears to contradict statements made by heritage minister Pablo Rodriguez.

Rodriguez had made assurances that the issues in previous versions of the bill were “fixed” and that corporations were the bill’s targets, not individuals.

PM Justin TRUDEAU has the Fidel Castro genes! 

Tormentor revival; getting Canadians off beams

Guard101

13-Jun

World wide known as much as a political hoot;

and such as a nasty and old kicking boot...

A situation well gone within class-action lawsuit! 

"Liberty means responsibility.

That is why most men dread it."

~!~ George Bernard Shaw

Once a son of a dictator; always a son of a dictator! 

speak_no_evil

Honestly I feel very sorry for the Canadians, most of them are so well informed, peaceful and polite! 

Absolutel'y - totally!! 

I'm starting to become less polite and starting to speak my mind.