Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Conversation with Elie Wiesel   Lecture and Books

Started 27-Jun by Guard101; 1064 views.
Guard101

27-Jun

"To remain silent and indifferent is the greatest sin of all".

-- Elie Wiesel -- Romanian-born American writer, professor, political activist,

The Open Mind - A Conversation with Elie Wiesel (2008)

Writer, teacher, Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel explores the question of whether the continuing signs of man's inhumanity to man challenge his faith.

Taped: 04/07/2008

In May 1956, Richard D. Heffner, American historian, broadcaster, and University Professor of Communications and Public Policy at Rutgers, began a weekly public television series called The Open Mind. Well ahead of its time, the program has welcomed hundreds of interesting and influential persons from all fields to speak freely and to share their thoughts and ideas with a broad audience.

CUNY TV  Uplaoded on 1 Sept 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qV7LX5Lk4

leaves

• Edited 27 June 2022 23:23  by  Guard101

Lovely and amazing  conversztion

BEST thoughtful quote:  thumbsup

"No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them."

- Elie Wiesel

Sylveria

30-Jun

The very few that miraculously  survived ww2 had their story to expose but certainly if they didn't have the luck to flee as a kid with some help from the courageous few to do so, it wouldn't be possible.

AuntBetsie

30-Jun

Awfully tiny acceptance is given to the weak and frail

Bab6s

30-Jun

Elie Wiesel wrote his first book in French.

Wiesel’s First Book: La Nuit (Night)

After the war, Wiesel studied in Paris and eventually became a journalist there. 

Charlie Rose: American television journalist and talk show host. From 1991 to 2017, he was the host and executive producer of the talk show Charlie Rose on PBS and Bloomberg LP.

Elie Wiesel interview (1995) with Charlie Rose

Aug 15, 2016 Manufacturing Intellect
https://youtu.be/-KgZ6FPGRI4

Elie Wiesel on his memoir, 'All Rivers Run to the Sea.'

Never shall I forget that night, the first night in camp, that turned my life into one long night seven times sealed.
Never shall I forget that smoke.
Never shall I forget the small faces of the children whose bodies I saw transformed into smoke under a silent sky.

https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/elie-wiesel

In reply toRe: msg 6
AuntBetsie

1-Jul

Charlie Rose interview is more of an extended view on Elie Wiesel's life, amazing!

I always watched Charlie Rose on PBS, but I think I missed that one! Thank you! relaxed

Bab6s

3-Jul

Right out of the links above there's far more intriguing reviews of Elie Wiesel's peaceful philosophy! thumbsup

C J (CardJoker)

4-Jul

We often question why does G'd create monsters such as Hitler and his insane Reich and its criminal Army , killing several million citizens in his own country and the whole neighborhood ? !?

So far there's no logic answer that makes sense!!  

Guard101

5-Jul

grinning

Why don't monsters eat ghosts?
 Because they taste like sheet.