Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Celine Dion's neurological condition   Health and Science

Started 9-Dec by AuntBetsie; 266 views.
AuntBetsie

9-Dec

What is Stiff Person Syndrome? Signs and symptoms after Celine Dion diagnosis

Celine Dion has revealed that she has been diagnosed with an incurable neurological condition, Stiff Person Syndrome.

On Thursday (8 December), the “My Heart Will Go On” singer posted an emotional video to her Instagram page explaining that she had been diagnosed with Stiff Person Syndrome, which she says affects “every aspect of my daily life”. She said that the rare condition has been causing muscle spasms which affect her ability to perform and sing.

Ellie Muir Thu, December 8, 2022 at 11:24 PM
https://news.yahoo.com/stiff-person-syndrome-signs-symptoms-042437464.html

In reply toRe: msg 1
AuntBetsie

9-Dec

Is there a cure for Stiff Person Syndrome?

There is no cure for SPS. When doctors treat patients with the condition, they focus on relieving symptoms with medications such as muscle relaxants and steroids.

herb      According to the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences, Stiff Person Syndrome impacts fewer than 5,000 in the United States.

herb

BarthaS

9-Dec

CelIne Dion's message is heartbreaking, but her dramatical acting needs more work!

Her love goes on.... heart_eyes  

Guard101

11-Dec

Mild daily Yoga exercice might help her to get through the day.. ..

GOOD LUCK!  v

MelanGEE

12-Dec

Might it be because she is suffering  from anemia too?

Dot_hoe

12-Dec

Oh my, when I look at Celine Dion's recent videos live shows, shè portray as a fashion skinny model....  in the mist of things thesd days, she look anorexic. ... 

I hope she gets better soon.  kissing_heart

Msg 3064.7 deleted
Bab6s

12-Dec

MORE: The reason behind Celine Dion's weight loss revealed

However, as she continues to nurse herself back to health, her three children, twins Nelson and Eddy, 11, and René-Charles, 21, are lending her support.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Not a (Pinck0)

14-Dec

Will Celine Dion’s sing again with ‘Stiff Person Syndrome’? Doc weighs in

Renowned neurologist Dr. Satonsh Kesari, MD, PhD, made these admissions while speaking to HollywoodLife.

However, during the course of his conversation, Dr Kesari did make it clear that “There are [still] patients who don’t respond as well, or their healing is slow to progress, even on treatment. So, we do need to understand this better and we need to do more research to get a real cure.”

https://www.geo.tv/latest/458103-can-celine-dions-sing-again-with-stiff-person-syndrome-doc-weighs-in

Dot_hoe

14-Dec

heart_eyes  thumbsup   I'm positively sure Celine Dion will sing again locally without traveling too far off Quebec.