Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Truth about the invention of Email Matters   Science and Tech

Started 24-Mar by AuntBetsie; 567 views.
Weasel (poptardo)

25-Mar

Absolutely intriguing - I never thought it was an invention or just something everyone came up with EMAIL through REUTERS!

Dr Shiva missed something MARK Zuckerberg did not invent forum or social media platforms.

drl0lip0p

25-Mar

Pre-internet Roots

In a sense, social media began on May 24, 1844, with a series of electronic dots and dashes tapped out by hand on a telegraph machine.

The first electronic message from Baltimore to Washington, D.C., proved Samuel Morse understood the historic ramifications of his scientific achievement: “What hath God wrought?” he wrote.

drl0lip0p

25-Mar

Shiva wrote this email software program for the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ) in 1978. It was good a decent email system that allowed the university staff to send electronic messages. Then in 1981, he registered the copyright on this program called EMAIL.

TAB00GA

26-Mar

I can't believe that this issue hasn't been solved already!!

In reply toRe: msg 6
TAB00GA

26-Mar

Shiva wrote this email software program for the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ) in 1978.

v

ADDLER (DitmarP)

26-Mar

Dr.SHIVA Ayyadurai, sound sincere but I'm not sure - let me investigate and I'll be back over the end of the weekend!

Weasel (poptardo)

15-Apr

What's up with Dr Shiva Ayyadurai now?