Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1926458 views.
bornblesse2

8/22/15

Ellen is here.  I was on briefly yesterday to see if I could log in.  I've been working - typical!  Thurs. thru Sat. are my heavier work days.  I was just whining to self at realizing I work teaching classes the next 4 Saturdays.  Oh well, gotta do what I can to support my habit.

So, everyone has sure been chatty here.  I hope I didn't miss too much as I scanned those 115 messages.......

Oh - I'm bornbless2  here......

KSCarolyn

8/22/15

Did you guys notice that we have a "like" button?  It is down there in the corner of this message.  The little heart sign.

Carolyn

SWQUILTER

8/22/15

I don't see a little heart anywhere in my messages?  Had to go back to the classic view in order to be able to post though.

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

8/22/15

On the page where it describes the different levels of membership it implies that the "rating" (heart) system is only available to those who pay but then Cstar (delphi staff member) said it was a Zeta thing. I have a sort of in-between upgrade because Janet made me a moderator, so perhaps that's why I see it. I still see the advertisements though.

Colene (robicole1)

8/22/15

Well for heaven's sake...you found us. Now we're going to have to move again! ::flee::

LMAO

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

8/22/15

oh!  interesting!

Here's my setup: Firefox, Windows XP, Ad Blocker (firefox add-on).

When I was using Classic mode and Ad Block, the ads were suppressed and I had the reply box .. but I couldn't see that cute little heart and all the other options that the Pretty mode gives you. 

When I was in the Pretty mode (is that Zeta?) also with Ad Block, I was unable to type a reply.  The Reply box simply was not on my screen.  If I disabled Ad Block, the reply box showed up.  But then I saw the ads and that 's just annoying.

It seemed that Classic Mode with Ad Block was going to be my universe.

This morning, I was playing around again.  I reverted to Pretty Mode (non-Classic), disabled Ad Block.  Yup, I could see the reply box and all the pretty things .. and the ads. 

On a whim, I decided to enable Ad Block again ... nothing like repeating the same experiment, right? .. but .. hmmm... Ad Block was not in my Firefox Add-on List.   Hmmm.  Strange.  I had only disabled it, not uninstalled it.  But it just was not there.  Rather than puzzle it out, I reacquired Ad Block, but this time, it is actually Ad Block Lite ... what I had previously was not available. 

So, now my set-up is Pretty mode, Ad Block *Lite* enabled ..,. and guess what??  Holy Moley ... I have the reply box!   I'm thinking that perhaps my former version of Ad Block was old and interfered with the way Delphi Pretty mode works.

New version of Ad Block (Lite version) = different interaction with Delphi.  Whatever it is, I'll stick with it.  I have the all the pretty stuff, I can see the little blue "like" heart and I have all the neat formatting controls.

Maybe this might help others who have problems with the reply box not showing up.

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

8/22/15

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

So, now my set-up is Pretty mode, Ad Block *Lite* enabled ..,. and guess what?? Holy Moley ... I have the reply box! I'm thinking that perhaps my former version of Ad Block was old and interfered with the way Delphi Pretty mode works.

Well now, that's quite interesting! Might have to check that out...though I do also miss having a signature so it's possible I'll spring for the upgrade. In fact, I used to have a paid Delphi account that was the same price as the lower level ($14.95 or so a year) and just stopped it about a year ago. I think that they discontinued the one I had or something. I had not been frequenting the forum I originally joined (Celiac related).

Pat Moore (PatMoore1)

8/22/15

So glad to 'see' you again!

Hey Shelley,

Thanks, but Win XP?? I just downloaded AdBlock Lite, and now I'm able to get a reply box as well in Zeta mode.  I prefer how the Classic View looks with the discussions and such how they used to be, but I'm trying to get used to this new format. Thanks for finding a fix.

Hilda

Okay, I found out how to edit my repetitive sentence as well!