Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1930582 views.
Mishii

9/4/19

judyinohio said:

The boy who ate nothing but pizza day in and day out

I have my friend from California living with me for a while.  He is a 54 year old man and he eats frozen pizza, pot pies, pop tarts, different types of chips, and canned chili.  That's it.  This is what he considers cooking at home.  Once a week or so he will order pizza  He has been here since June and has not finished the case of bottled water (it is the wrong brand).  In a week he drinks a 12 pack of pepsi, a 12 pack of Dr Pepper or Root Beer and a case of large Gatorade.

Pita cooks almost every day and we usually have leftovers.  He won't even eat the leftover pizza.  He throws away half every time.  (Well, he doesn't throw it away....I heat it up and eat it the next day.  Free pizza!)  The only time he ate with us was tacos....he didn't finish them because the seasoning was the wrong brand.  He refuses to try anything.  I have offered roast, baked and grilled chicken, fried chicken, hamburgers, spaghetti, mexican stacks, chicken and rice and a variety of other things.  He refuses to even try them.

Going to the store with him is like turning a 5 year old loose and telling them to choose dinner.  It is baffling.

bornblesse2

9/4/19

Oh no Laura!   You need a retreat.....we need to talk!

bornblesse2

9/4/19

Oh my.......that sounds like what my hubby COULD subsist on if left to his own devises.  Well, except those sodas!  He drinks wAter.  But, he will eat my cook g or other cooking offered to him.  But,  that’s about what he would eat left to his own...sandwiches galore too.

judyinohio

9/4/19

Mishii said:

In a week he drinks a 12 pack of pepsi, a 12 pack of Dr Pepper or Root Beer and a case of large Gatorade.

So your friend is a caffeine junkie, eh? He probably is single and since he takes the easy route when it comes to nourishment he probably has hemorrhoids and bad breath, too.  Your PITA isn't that big a nuisance if he cooks every day ... wish I could convince my DH to cook something.  He is a good cleaner-upper, though.

Mishii

9/5/19

judyinohio said:

Your PITA isn't that big a nuisance if he cooks every day

That was one of the ground rules established back in 1987.  My X chromosome didn't come with a cookbook.  Being a wife and a mother is a fantastic choice for many women.  I am not one of those women. So he either had to learn to cook (which he should do any way as a functioning adult), or be hungry.  I have a tendency to get hangry, so bippity boppity boo, there ya go.  He cooks!  He is a strictly utilitarian cook...nothing fancy or exciting going on in our kitchen, but we obviously get plenty of food.  His mother never got over it I don't think.  Her poor baby marrying such a horrible woman who wouldn't be a good wife to her baby.  Whatever ::eyeroll::

LABFIEND

9/5/19

lppenguins said:

A/C froze up . It’s only 11 yrs old! 

?They don't make them to last anymore, my water heater guy said they only make them to last 5-6 years.  My first A/C was 25 years old when we replaced it.

Suze (casuzenn)

9/5/19

Mishii said:

a 54 year old man and he eats frozen pizza, pot pies, pop tarts, different types of chips, and canned chili.  That's it. 

oh Lordy....what a picky eater!! His food choices got stuck at 3 year old level....too sad.. I take it he does not eat veggies either? 

He is missing out on some really great stuff.

Suze (casuzenn)

9/5/19

lppenguins said:

broke my other thumb

oh geeze!! so sorry!

and sorry about the frozen A/C ...at least vacation was good!

bornblesse2

9/5/19

Well, I am finally home for the day without obligations.  Well, choir does start up this evening.  But that’s after supper....

what to do, what to do?  Not quite sure where to start.  Hummmmmm......

bornblesse2

9/5/19

Denise,

it just popped into my brain that I told you after my trip I would come help you splice batting together!  Did you get your quilts measured?  I got a few days here and there....could even do today or tomorrow....maybe.