Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1919918 views.
LABFIEND

7/16/20

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

And I have been just waiting until I retired so Patty and I could do a road trip up to your place, so get with it,

I know, I am ready for a road trip!!  

This virus is so crazy! Hopefully it will be too scared of infecting our Princess. Prayers for you and the family. 

LindaPutt

7/17/20

Happy Birthday Kim!!!  I hope you have a wonderful day even though there is a lot shut down.  Here's hoping you get to do something you enjoy.  kissing_heart

lppenguins

7/17/20

Exactly. That’s what’s the teachers are afraid of. 

my DF’s daughter is a teacher for K and 1st grade. Just had her first child 8 weeks ago and is quite terrified to go back. And my niece teaches High School - over 30 kids per class X 6 classes a day. 
Ladies I have been fighting a cricket problem. We can’t find a nest but know there’s one close. Did you know they feed on fabric N wool? Been washing, drying, boxing etc. to many loads to count  no nest and thank goodness no damage  I think I’m losing my mind over this  no crickets for 4-5 days “whew we did it!” Next day babies all the way up to huge ones???  
I vacuumed for 4 hours, every room, under beds, furniture etc  found nothing. Again “whew we did it” 2 days the little suckers are back, even in the tub ??? I’m crying

lppenguins

7/17/20

There are actually people who still believe it’s not a pandemic and it’s all a hoax. Political???

prayers for everyone exposed or in harms way. 

Cathy (cacnurse1)

7/17/20

KSCarolyn said:

Dang, I have been so careful but got exposed to COVID anyway. 

Hopefully, you were not close enough to him for long to catch it.  Assume you weren't masked as you were eating.  Hope Jason's FIL doesn't get too sick from it.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

7/17/20

lppenguins said:

a cricket problem

Get rid of cardboard boxes.  Make sure you daily run water through all your drains.  Those are 2 things I can think of right now.  Do you have a bug man.  He might have more ideas.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

7/17/20

I finally finished binding one of the quilts from a top you gave me in Feb.  You made the top.  Carrie quilted it.  I put on the binding.  Teamwork!

Judy (DJZMOM)

7/18/20

KSCarolyn said...

Dang, I have been so careful but got exposed to COVID anyway.  I don't have it but just exposed.  I was at my Jason's house on the 5th and today his father in law has been diagnosed with the virus.  We were at the same table eating 4th of July leftovers. I will self-quarantine myself until I'm sure I'm not a danger to anyone else.

Oh (((Carolyn)))  I'm so sorry.  Be careful and thanks for taking no chances.  Thanks for being responsible.