Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1966557 views.
Kim D. (KIMDIG)

10/13/20

Travel safely Viola!  I'm glad you were able to stay with your dad for awhile and be with him.  I bet it's nice to be out of the heat.  We are still getting into the 100's.  Ugh!  It cooled off to 94, 98, 98 & was nice for a few days anyway.  

LABFIEND

10/13/20

Ellen, what size do you want (approx) and  some will be more adultish colors, or teens, or maybe boys. Do you want those?  I keep finding orphan blocks!!

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

10/13/20

I think it's traditionally posted around Hallowen, though traditions can change of course.

bornblesse2

10/13/20

Retreat announcement has not happened yet - you did not miss it Carolyn.  But it is about that time.  
it will appear as a NEW thread.

bornblesse2

10/13/20

Patti, we use any Size tops.  But, if we finish them for LWR - the ones that can go international- they need to be approximately 60 x 80.

does that help?  Hubby is volunteering at a small local food bank that our church supports.  I’m getting ready to send some over to them.  I am in the process of finding out what is most useful to them.  I am eager to see what she needs.

viola (sissly4)

10/13/20

Carolyn the retreat has not come out yet the scheduling so you did not miss anything

viola (sissly4)

10/13/20

yes it was nice to be out of the heat and it was also nice to be up here and see my dad I haven't seen him in 5 years he sure has age I never thought I'd ever see him being worn out and not able to do anything but I am also glad to get home I will start off tomorrow morning

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

10/13/20

Well, I now have a quilting task!   

My middle daughter texted me today to ask if I had any queen-sized quilts that would like to live in New York.  She still loves the quilts that she has but feels she'd like a change of scenery.    All righty, then!

I went through my piles of quilts, measuring the larger ones to find a "queen" size (*roughly* 86x100 .. and that's a very fluid sizing!).   I texted her photos but she said they didn't excite her eyeballs.  Fair enough.

I moved onto the closet where all my pieced tops are hanging.  Once again, measuring to find the more-or-less queen sized one and texting her pictures of the tops.  After showing her 3 tops (and about to return to the closet for the next one), she texted me back that she really, really, really liked the first one I showed her and she'll take that one, please!

So, I reiterated that she wasn't going to get it soon because it needed to be quilted and at 90x104, it was gonna take a while.  Plus, I need to find/get a backing.  AND THEN, I'll also need to figure out exactly HOW to quilt this thing!   The needleturn applique is easy enough .. they get SITD.  But the hand-pieced stars?  Hmmm ... gotta think about them.

The scrapbooking work is going to be put on hold for a while.  Or maybe I can alternate days.

Here's what she chose.   The round stars are a pattern called "Stash Busting Stars" by Esther Aliu.   You can find her pattern online on her blog 

Wow you really love your daughter. I remember you making that quilt and am pretty sure you had it at a past retreat. It will be beautiful.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

10/14/20

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

Wow you really love your daughter. I remember you making that quilt and am pretty sure you had it at a past retreat. It will be beautiful.

heh.... yeah, I'm kinda fond of her.  :-)