Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1925647 views.
Midkid5

10/14/20

It's a beauty, and will be a ray of sunshine on a gloomy NY winter day.

Jo

bornblesse2

10/14/20

I had forgotten that you did that applique around your stars.   I have about 4 of those stars made.  I need to either make some more or do something with them.....

Hi everyone,  I'm using this forum to send out a urgent request to everyone.  Perhaps this isn't a 911 request but its definitely an SOS.

I have a missionary friend who has broken his leg quite badly. He's asking for a referral to an orthopedic surgeon in the DFW area. Do any of you know of one? Obviously we need the info ASAP. So if any of you know one I'd sure appreciate your quick response. I'll haunt this board all day.

Thanks

viola (sissly4) said:

Carolyn the retreat has not come out yet the scheduling so you did not miss anything

Thanks Vi. I'm looking forward to it.  Hope with Covid it will still be possible

bornblesse2 said:

it will appear as a new thread..

Thanks Ellen,, thats good to know. I had forgotten that.

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

I think it's traditionally posted around Hallowen, though traditions can change of course

And with covid all traditions seem to have changed 

LABFIEND

10/14/20

Yes, that helps!  If you get any other size requests let me know.  I will shoot for some 80 by 60,

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

10/14/20

He is doing what they call a 5 year program in accounting.  You get your undergrad & graduate degree at the same time.  In Texas you have to have a graduate degree to sit for the CPA exam, only reason why he is doing that instead of 4 years.  He really liked the grad classes at the 1st of last spring, not as much busy work, more discussion.  Then the virus hit and now it's back to online and busy work, everyone sitting watching the teacher on zoom.  No discussion.  He really is getting short changed, but at this point he just wants to get the certificate & get out, get a job (fingers crossed on that one).  I think he'll be done in May, though there is some question if the classes he needs will be offered in the Spring.  some that he needed in the fall were not.  frustrating because the student loans in grad school start accruing interest right away.

KSCarolyn

10/15/20

Kim D. (KIMDIG) said:

Sorry about your lower back pain, I know it's no fun having back pain.

I got the results of my spinal x-ray from last week.  Just as I suspected, it's another compression fracture, L3.  I was scheduled for an MRI until I reminded them that I have a Pacemaker.  It was changed to a CT scan for next Monday.  

Carolyn

So sorry Carolyn!!!! Will continue to pray for you.