Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1922270 views.
Judy (DJZMOM)

11/1/20

Thanks Jo.  These new boots are not bad and actually quite good for me with the bit of "sherpa" type interior they did mold to my feet well.  

Judy (DJZMOM)

11/1/20

Good planning Misha!  Good find of the lock box too.

Judy (DJZMOM)

11/1/20

We've got to pray you and your family through this year's fire season!

Judy (DJZMOM)

11/1/20

I am so so so glad to see you back to quilting!!!  Can't wait to see what you do.

Judy (DJZMOM)

11/1/20

latterberry said...

I have been messing with findagrave a bit and you can find good info on family members

We helped a Boy Scout work on his Eagle Project to document a local cemetery and upload to BillionGraves.com I think maintained by the Mormon Church somehow.  There might be information available there too.

Judy (DJZMOM)

11/1/20

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said...

I found one of my husband's ancestors fought with General Sherman during his March to the Sea through Georgia .  THAT was wildly exciting to discover!

I haven't thoroughly researched the Revolutionary War service yet but I *have* discovered a link so that my girls can apply to the Daughters of the Revolution  (DAR).  Our youngest is a HUGE history need.

How very cool!  I have a quilting friend in Washington state who is registered with DAR and has gotten quite involved in young women in leadership and gone to convention in the past years.  R would enjoy it quite a bit I think!

Judy (DJZMOM)

11/1/20

Thanks!  I have been experiencing unkind side effects from a new medication so been taking it easy and we had 3 < 10 year olds here last night for Halloween fun.  They and their folks left by 9pm but I was pooped.  The more the sugary candy was consumed the crazier things became..  in addition to the teenage puppy running around!  Having adopted grands (their Grandparents are in MS) means we can send then home with their great parents at the end of the night!  

Judy (DJZMOM)

11/1/20

Thanks!    I have been experiencing unkind side effects from a new medication so been taking it easy and we had 3 < 10 year olds here last night for Halloween fun.  They and their folks left by 9pm but I was pooped.  The more the sugary candy was consumed the crazier things became..  in addition to the teenage puppy running around!  Having adopted grands (their Grandparents are in MS) means we can send then home with their great parents at the end of the night!  

I also haven't been able to get into my email until today.  So I just read the forum today and requested the form just in time!  Back to reading!!

Midkid5

11/1/20

What is in the best interest in an elderly parent who is starting to show " memory fatigue".......to allow them to repeat what they told you whether it was the day before or just in the last hour or stop them and tell them they already told you that info?  Not asking about being kind but do you bring it to their attention?

Jo

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

11/2/20

I frequently, honestly, don't remember if/when I have told my girls a particular story.  They interrupt me to remind me that they've heard it already.   I appreciate that so I can proceed to the next bit of the story.  :-)  AND vice versa is true also.  I have no qualms about interrupting them if I've heard their story before (but as they have younger minds, it generally doesn't happen.)  :-)

When Mr. Pirate starts to retell me information, I interrupt him to let him know.  He just continues with the talking.  Sigh.

Mr. Pirate's older brother has *always* been a nervous energy kinda person.  Very sharp and always needs to be doing something.  One of his quirks, that Mr. Pirate says he has always displayed, is to CONSTANTLY re-tell you information.  I know it's a like a nervous tic but it is SO annoying to hear the same comment, the same information several times during a visit.  I do, gently, interrupt him and say "yes, you mentioned that before" .. but it never takes hold.  I can almost guarantee in the next hour, I'll be hearing the same information again.