Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1964625 views.

LOL. Sounds like my grandma...I hear many of the same stories...one per visit, ad nauseum! :P 

KSCarolyn

11/2/20

I also haven't been able to get into my email until today.  So I just read the forum today and requested the form just in time!  Back to reading!!

I have not gotten a request for a registration form from you yet.  Email me again.

Carolyn

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

11/2/20

I think the answer depends on how they take the news. If they seem frustrated to learn they've already told you something, then I think you should just let it go. If they seem appreciative, or ask "have I already told you...." then let them know. I just let Dad tell me the story again, it's nice to hear him talking about anything, really. He's 86 and even though his health is good I can see some slippage, more than ever this last year.

viola (sissly4)

11/2/20

When I work with help care I was taught  not to tell the patient you already said that once.Caught they don't remember they said it. You let them say it again.Cause some of them get vary anger.Then it cause a lot more problem to control them.You pretend you have never heard it. And you found out that you can control the patient much better.You don't want them to be on the wrong side with you cause you will have problem with them.

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

11/2/20

I would imagine it's very confusing to remember which of your 3 girls you have told something.  My dad would do that with only 2 and we were 11 years apart.  

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

11/2/20

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

I would imagine it's very confusing to remember which of your 3 girls you have told something. 

Yeah, so at this point, I don't even try to remember!  I preface everything with something like .... "Have I told you this before?"  or "Let me know if you've heard this .... "  :-)

That is what I do when I tell my family a story.  I just ask them if I ever told them :

Midkid5

11/2/20

Thank you,  My mom will be 90 in the spring, I try to take into account the time of day and what has been going on with her.  This past weekend we moved her into a ground floor apartment, as the stairs were getting to be to much for her.  She hasn't been real pleased with the idea of moving but hopefully she will adjust .  There are a lot of people she worked with living in the new building.

Jo

Suze (casuzenn)

11/2/20

sometimes G will look at me with amazement when I tell him I heard something and it was HIM that told me!!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

11/2/20

Suze (casuzenn) said:

sometimes G will look at me with amazement when I tell him I heard something and it was HIM that told me!!

oh dear .... I do believe that I've done that too.   Cripes, it's tough getting old.  :-)