Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1892078 views.
Suze (casuzenn)

3/12/21

oh Laura...so sorry to hear this...

I have a friend who had this same cancer...she had a mastectomy and has been cancer free for more than 14 years and is enjoying  her retirement. I hope this same result can be yours...

Sending prayers...

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

3/12/21

Continuing prayers Laura. Early is definitely good.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

3/12/21

lppenguins said:

It’s small just over 1 cm and appears to be caught early so that’s good news.  trying to find the silver lining. 

*yes* .. that IS the silver lining.  Positive thoughts can't hurt and can possibly be beneficial.  Negative thoughts and fear are definitely bad.

Worry and stress over the things you DO have control over .. and your outlook is one of them.  You have no control over how the cancer happened, so don't spend any emotional time castigating yourself over what might have been or what you could have/should have/might have done. 

You do have (some) control over future actions.  Do some research.  Listen to the doctors.  Ask them questions.  Look at alternative solutions and discuss them with your medical team.

Sending hugs and good thoughts your way.

Oh, Laura.  :o(  But small and early - those are both good things!  I had been psyching myself up for surgery, and if it were necessary, I was going to say "Let's get on with it and get it out of there!"  That's how I feel about it - TCB as soon as possible.  Best wishes for the best outcome, whatever the doc recommends.  I am with you all the way.

When they gave me my results, they *did* emphasize that no one should ever miss or delay another mammogram.  So if anyone is overdue for one, PLEASE go ahead and get it as soon as you can, as early detection is the best thing.  

farmervi

3/12/21

Yes drunkards path.  It is hand pieced and hand quilted. I love the hand work but do some machine quilting for drag around quilts.   Last Christmas I gave every family a quilt.  Our guild does a lot for charity too.

lppenguins

3/12/21

That’s the first encouraging thing I’ve heard so far. (Hugs)

lppenguins

3/12/21

That what the dr said so my panic at that moment was a tiny roll. 

lppenguins

3/12/21

Great advice! I’m usually a sunny side up kind of person, so I will always try to find a positive. 
:0)

lppenguins

3/12/21

Absolutely Jonna. I had a benign lumpectomy in the same side about 15 yrs ago. I have had a mammo every year since, even when they said “oh you can go every 2-3 years, your young. 
sometimes you have to follow your gut. 
and I’m the 1st in my family to have it. It has to start somewhere right? so don’t think               “my family has no history of breast cancer” neither does mine

LABFIEND

3/12/21

Oh Laura, not the news we wanted to hear.  But it is small and you caught it early, hopefully the prognosis will be hopeful (like Suze's friend) We are pulling for you and you will remain in our thoughts and prayers.

Hang in there girl, you can do this!

Big Hugs,