Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1845652 views.
Mishii

3/12/21

Bleh to those results. But yay for catching it early. You are in my thoughts. {{}}

I'll continue praying! God can handle this!

I’m due in July. We will get our second vaccine within the next 2 weeks. So all the vaccine/mammo problems should be through by then.  My are so full of lumpy masses, it’s hard to tell anything!  I have mammograms regularly. I’ve have the needle biopsy like you years ago. Wasn’t fun. I’m so glad you received a good report. 

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

3/13/21

A very curious thing.  I've unpacked and (mostly) put away everything from the Retreat.  (hooray!  go, me!)  I mentioned previous that I'm measuring and labeling my quilt tops with their sizes so that I can easily pair a top with a batting.   

Well, I can't find a top that I brought to the Retreat.  It's the Hawaiian applique (that I gave Ami the templates for).  I know I didn't leave it at the Retreat center because Ellen would have said something.   I know I didn't throw it away.  It's not in the trailer.  I figure the reason I can't find it is because I put it in a place that is not usual.  Heaven knows why I would have done such a thing but it's really annoying..

I was going to quilt my mystery bargello a few months ago and had it and some backing fabric......well it went missing so I just worked on some other projects. Last week I was doing a little organizing and found it in a random box.......why I put it there is a mystery but at least now I can try to get it done soon. I hope you figure out where you put it.

bornblesse2

3/13/21

Oh no......a missing quilt top?  You are correct that is was not found at the retreat....several things were, but they have all been returned.

i misplaced my iPad one day.  I set it It in The most odd, tucked in the corner place.  Had a heck of a time finding it!  Hope it turns up soon!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

3/13/21

Well, we had a very entertaining Zoom chat today.

I think most of the people were just enjoying the chat but Mishima and Linda Puttman actually got some sewing done!

I had a very productive time as well: I got all the tops hanging in my closet all measured and labeled.   I was organizing the labeled tops as to size to put them back in the closet when I discovered FOUR MORE TOPS!  They had been folded instead of hanging, which is why I missed them.   Aaaarrrggghhh!

I also found out that the wonderful laptop that I was using is our youngest daughter's gaming computer, so I won't be able to use it very much longer. After April 15th, when her current CPA gig is done, she'll be wanting it back.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

3/14/21

Update:  I forgot about the other tops, hanging in a different closet .. think "overflow" .

In attempting to group the tops as to size, I was puzzled at first. The measurements were all over the place.  Then it occurred me that I could simplify everything if I calculated the square inches!  That would put all the tops on the same basis!  So, I did that.

I have 27 tops 3000 sq inches or under

23 tops 3000 - 5000 sq in

13 tops 5000 - 8000 sq in

8 top over 8000 sq in.

For a grand total of 71 tops to be quilted.  These are not UFOs.  These are flimsies, ready to go under the needle.   Sigh.

LABFIEND

3/14/21

And we enjoyed your flimsy show!  Especially the monster skulls and roses  stack and whack quilt, which I think you should finish and bring to next retreat!!  Buuuuhaaaaaaa!!