Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1786671 views.
Judy (DJZMOM)

Mar-24

Suze (casuzenn) said...

Mama had accounts ALL over the town...every time they offered a free toaster or some other goodie, she signed up  for a new account - just FINDING them all has been an interesting experience!

Oh Suze!  I feel your pain!  DH and I are still knee deep in his Dad's last and most odd financial stuff because he answered "cold calls" for various investment opportunities that don't show as having ever making even pennies of profit.  But we can't call them closed until we have final "belly up" paperwork or final tax paperwork which has never been sent the last few years.  It's just amazing that this intelligent man was sucked in like this.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Mar-24

farmervi said...

Thank you Judy.  I just love to hand piece and hand quilt,

You do so beautifully.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Mar-24

Your grandbabies are 10?!?!  That doesn't seem possible!!  Please share a picture when you can.  I'm so sorry you haven't been able to get your arms around your boys.  Soon I trust.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Mar-25

I have finally caught up!  It has taken a bit.  It has been a bit busy for DH and me.  The first days of March were spent getting things done in CA and preparing to travel.  The second weekend of March we flew to Atlanta to spend a long weekend with DJ.  It was a wonderful time with the highlights being dinner with DJ's close friends and school comrades.  Here is a photo of our delightful dinner companions.  If these caring, hard working senior students are our next generation of leaders then I have complete confidence in where this country can go.  

We also got to spend a day touring all over the campus or better known as DJ's preferred stomping ground right now.  It was a joy to watch him tour us everywhere.  DH logged >13,000 steps and fortunately I broached DH about renting a mobility scooter for the weekend.  It was waiting for us at the hotel when we arrived and allowed me to go everywhere...  fast!!!  We also got to go to the World of Coke Museum in downtown and to the Atlanta Aquarium.  It was all a great adventure.

Quick story...  BUT...  no one is to let DH know I shared with you.  I nearly lost my DMIL's 301 I inherited after my DFIL passed!!  We had decided to hand carry it to CO (stopping off on our return to CA) so I can have a machine in FT Collins as we spend time there from CA.  In fact, we had our full compliment of checked bags and carry on items filled with some stuff to take to DJ ("Mom, will you bring my suit pants and hiking boots when you come?")  We looked ridiculous with all of that but managed well until we got to ATL.  DH had it all loaded on a luggage cart and managed that with me in a wheelchair to baggage claim.  Then as we headed to the car rental area we had the machine beneath me on the rolling chair but when I got up to walk the last bit neither of us remembered the black Singer bag.  It had been the longest travel day with plane change and such.  After we finally got our car and got to the hotel at 10:30pm we realized we were missing the sewing machine with DH's medications inside.  Of course, you can't call any airline counter or lost & found directly these days.  DH filled out the online forms etc but we heard nothing for two days.  I kind of gave up hope but DH took a ride over to the airport Monday morning and retraced our steps asking questions along he way.  DJ and I stayed at the hotel to hang out.  It seemed to take forever but after a time DH texted a picture of him and the bag!!!  Everything was inside as we packed it!!!  I'll assure you we counted EVERY bag multiple times until we arrived here at our place in Ft Collins.  "The count was 8 and 8 was the count!" 

Oh!  The other complication of the trip was the week before we left I fell a couple of times (due to my generally neuropathic feet and my stroke induced balance issues).  Ya know when you feel yourself begin to go your hands reach out to break your fall?  Well, I did so and both times used my left hand.  It still hurt, was weak and swollen a week later.  So DH took me to an Urgent Care in ATL and digital x-rays showed I'd broken my left wrist.  Dang.  I'm now sporting a brace and sometimes a sling to remind me not to use it!

Viola...  I now know what you mean about not being able to do much.  So, that's the other reason for why I haven't been here much or sewing.  But DH did help me set up a temporary sewing area here with his Mom's 301!

I hope it loaded this time! 

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-25

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

So DH took me to an Urgent Care in ATL and digital x-rays showed I'd broken my left wrist.

HOLY MOLEY!   That is quite the ending to an adventurous couple of weeks!   The Atlanta portion sounds just wonderful.  I'm so glad you got to see the area around where DJ is living and hanging out. 

Mum's the word on the 301 heart-attack-inducing episode.  Holy moley, part 2!  David was so diligent in retracing your steps to find the errant box.  I'm so glad that he was able to find it.  Whew.

And then to top it all of with a broken wrist.  Judy, I'm shaking my head at you.     Can you have no more adventures for a while, please?  :-)

LABFIEND

Mar-25

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

Well, I did so and both times used my left hand.  It still hurt, was weak and swollen a week later.  So DH took me to an Urgent Care in ATL and digital x-rays showed I'd broken my left wrist. 

Silly girl, don't ya know we are not suppose to be doing things like falling!!  Hope it heals fast!

viola (sissly4)

Mar-25

I was not able to sewMy phone is acting up so I didn't finish my message I'm glad that you're doing better.I never did have mine in a casket mine was also in a sports splint where I could take it off anytime I wanted to I still wear it when I go out by myself that I because I just tip all over the place I wouldn't be able to carry my sewing machine out for a sew day glad you found your little sewing machine I would have had a heart attack that would have been me

viola (sissly4)

Mar-25

Thank you Judy.I had bought that material couple years ago intention to make me some top to wear.Near did. I am glad you found your sewing machine.I would had a heartattack. Sorry about your wrist. It will be a while before you will be able to sew.I am hand quilting the heart quilt That you all made for me.I still cannot quilt everyday because of my arm. Have to let it rest every other day.

lppenguins

Mar-25

Thanks so much Yetta. More tests tomorrow before they’ll schedule surgery. I guess my 3 markers are Her2-negative and both hormone markers also negative, not good. (?)     
A contrast full Brest, and a different contrast CT right after. I’ll be radioactive! Like the 80’s song I now can’t get out of my head. Lol

lppenguins

Mar-25

Oh my that’s a big job, even a small estate. 
I pray it all goes well quickly.