Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1839361 views.
latterberry

May-13

I shudder to think of some of the things we thought nothing of as kids.  It's a wonder we survived.  I used to ride on the fender of the tractor (they had no cabs back then) while my dad was plowing out in the bumpy fields.  Riding in the back of a pick up was great fun.  Jumping from the hayloft--you name it.  My kids had many more restrictions, but not as much as the kids now.  They didn't gear up in helmets just to ride their bike.  And of course they were reminded frequently of stranger danger but it is so much scarier now.  

Cathy (cacnurse1)

May-13

Prayers for both you and Laura to return to health.  I know it is a tough road to walk.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

May-13

Update from Carolyn:

I talked to her yesterday to check on how she was doing.  The answer is "not good".  She is currently scheduled for a laminectomy(back surgery) June 18th but she is going to call and see if she can get it sooner.  She went to the ER in pain  and is now on fentanyl patches.  In the meantime, her right hand has become numb and she has difficulty using it.  Imagine Carolyn without her makeup.  When she can't put on her makeup, that is bad.  She is reading the forum but it is too much effort for her to type replies with one finger on her left hand.  She said she will deal with the hand after the back.  They think this is a problem in her neck but first things first.  She does have some help from a nursing student.

Suze (casuzenn)

May-13

wow...poor Carolyn!! 

hoping the laminectomy works!

Midkid5

May-13

Thanks for the update on Carolyn.  Will keep her in positive thoughts.  Please let us know if the surgery date gets moved up.

Wishing your pain away for you Carolyn.

Jo

Cathy (cacnurse1)

May-13

Midkid5 said:

Please let us know if the surgery date gets moved up.

Will do.

I keep forum members in my prayers and especially those who are dealing with some serious health issues. I have been praying for Carolyn a lot. 

LindaPutt

May-14

So sad to read about Carolyn's pain.  I hope she can get some relief. 

Thinking of you Carolyn and keeping you in my prayers!

MelRN

May-17

Thanks for the update, Cathy! I'll keep her in my prayers!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

May-17

Last Friday some of us met for lunch to say good-bye to Viola who is moving to Tennesee June 4th. We are really going to miss her!  At the same time we wished Laura comfort while she deals with her breast cancer.  I took a few pictures.