Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1920212 views.

Judy I am actually in California this week for a family wedding.

I will be in New Mexico a lot the next month. We sold the house we got our daughter when she was in college and are doing some major repairs on our house......going to try to list it in August and see what happens. Either we get at least asking or we keep it. The market in New Mexico is hot but not as much as other places. 

MelRN

Jul-11

Thanks Nancy! Yes, I am now an RN. :) 

nancy444qt

Jul-11

Congratulations . I haven’t been on the forum for awhile but saw your post-awesome!

viola (sissly4)

Jul-12

Judy I cannot go barefoot..Never could.I walk better with shoe's on.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-12

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

Here's a picture of what "Little Red" will look like!

Very cute.  She will be very useful for you at the Colorado home.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-12

Sorry I have been absent again.  We had a nice trip to upstate NY for my niece's wedding and drove down to Hyde Park to see DGD, Grace, at the Culinary Institute of America.  She was happy to see us.  Most of the students are gone for the summer and it is a small town.  Beautiful area.  She will be home in Texas next semester doing an externship in Ft. Worth.  She's happy about that as are her family.  Since we've been home, it's been doctor visits, Bob's and mine.  I will be having my right shoulder replaced on August 17th.  Took 3 months to get in to the surgeon and has been getting continually worse.  I will be glad to have it over and done with.  Will know in the next couple weeks if DH will be having back surgery.  He is also having increasing problems.  Just have to try and not schedule them too close together.

Not much quilting.  I have to finish the binding of memory quilt #2.  Slow going with shoulder.   I want to finish the 3rd one before surgery.  Having trouble getting started.  I have to get a push!  At least the pieces of shirts are hanging on the design wall.  

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-12

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

will be having my right shoulder replaced

so that makes both shoulders, both knees and both hips? We will have to call you the Bionic Babe!!

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

neuropathy in my feet gets worse and I get older.

We are going through sores on DH’s foot bc of that. We get one healed, and another sore comes up, while cleaning the one that he’s been on strong antibiotics for tonight, I was so disappointed when I took his shoe and sock off tonight to see a blood blister had formed right beside the sore. Very frustrating, he’s in wheelchair, not walking and still getting them.  He can’t wear any decent shoes bc of the Charcot foot the the one foot and partial amputation on the other.  
sorry, I just had to vent.  

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-13

oh Sandy...that sounds so frustrating and painful ~ sending healing vibes...

viola (sissly4)

Jul-13

I wonder where you were at.I call you and you did not respond.Hope you got my letter that I send you.Sorry to hear you have to go thru surgery.I pray for a speedy healing and will be back sewing again.