Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1924243 views.
lppenguins

Jul-17

I’m so happy it got there. I sure love the one the gals made me!  I use it all of the time and it make me feel so happy and peaceful. 
much love and continued prayers.  

lppenguins

Jul-17

Wow Yetta I can’t even think of moving twice! I’m glad you like your new place though!

no cooking?  Yay yay  

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-17

YDritch said:

So we are finally settled in and enjoying life without cooking, ..... 

So, is there a communal dining room that y'all partake of a meal that is provided?  Can you cook at all in your place, like if you get hungry or thirsty?

YDritch

Jul-17

I have a complete kitchen---stove (1.  now a planter box), refrigerator (2.  we use **lots** of ice), dishwasher (3.  but not sure why), and a garbage disposal (4.  see 3).   We have chef-prepared meals 3x daily with a wide choice of selections.  In addition, there's a deli where you can pick up soups, salads, sandwiches, drinkls and fruit at odd hours of the day.  Daily meals, weekly maid service and laundry, activities, entertainment and transportation are all included.   Did I mention Wine Wednesdays and Happy Hour Fridays?   In three months, I've "cooked" a pizza in the oven and baked a loaf of bread.  Somehow, I'm not missing the cooking much!

Sounds like you have been sooo busy and finally got a break and can now just relax and enjoy. I am on the other end of the same journey. We sold our daughters college house we got 5 years ago. It sold in 3 days but the closing was not smooth but is now done and we got full price. Now we are fixing up or permanant home and gonna see if we can sell it for asking price. If not we will just keep it. I have spent my summer making trips to New Mexico and prepping walls, painting, packing stuff and arranging for people to come and fix things like the carpet going into two rooms next week and a fireplace repair and painting of the fireplace. 

I managed to finish packing the kitchen yesterday............quit a feat. Now to deep clean and prep for painting.

Today I filled the back of my large SUV with stuff and headed to the thrift store..........what a good feeling to get rid of so much stuff. I need to get rid of more and will do so as I pack more stuff. The big gorilla is the 3 car garage that is packed with things that are mostly DH's like riding mower, motorcycles, a ton of outdoor stuff and tools. Gonna do my best this coming week to get some of the the things on shelves packed. 

I just wish we were done so I could enjoy some of summer before it is gone. Any sewing is on hold for the next 4 weeks.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-17

Dang.  Now *I* wanna move there!  :-)

YDritch

Jul-17

Hope your second sale will go quickly and smoothly.  Real estate seems to be the hot commodity right now.  Hard work but certainly worth it.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-17

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

The big gorilla is the 3 car garage that is packed with things that are mostly DH's like riding mower, motorcycles, a ton of outdoor stuff and tools.

So, is he going to deal with that stuff? 

Our garage was the same way.  I had wanted to clear out the garage for literally years, but knew that most of the stuff there wasn't "mine".  There was *no way* i was going to make a decision about his stuff .... that would be tantamount to him clearing out my sewing room!  When I finally did get his concurrence about clearing the garage, I do believe he was a bit surprised at the number of things that WEREN'T mine.  A lot of stuff went to the thrift store, Freecycle, or the dumps .. and man, did that feel ever so good about not having it around any longer.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-17

judyinohio said...

Could you take it to the local quilt shop and use it to haul home some loot?

It would certainly do that!!  But alas...  my "Little Red" is not street legal.  

I already asked!!!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-17

viola (sissly4) said...

My  neuropathy is getting really bad the older I am getting.

I'm so sorry Viola.  I'm so glad you can sit and sew though.