Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1846240 views.
latterberry

Jul-30

LOL!  You didn't want to wait to the last minute to go to the bathroom!

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-30

and God forbid...you were on your monthly...sigh...

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-30

latterberry said:

And guess what I found at Kohls--those body shirts that snapped at the crotch.  We may have worn those low slung hip huggers, but we didn't show belly.

You got that right!    I even still HAVE those body shirt patterns!   They were absolutely AWESOME with jeans.   They obviously stayed tucked in and gave you such a *sleek* silhouette with the hip huggers!   Ahhhh ... youth is wasted on the young.  :-)

judyinohio

Jul-30

My DD used to get so angry with me when I would mutter that.

Now that she is 50 she understands.

LABFIEND

Jul-30

latterberry said:

LOL!  You didn't want to wait to the last minute to go to the bathroom!

Ha Ha, that's right!!

Midkid5

Jul-30

I loved hip huggers, they were the first female jeans that fit prior all jeans came from the boys department.  I was in jr high.  I could not wear body shirts, none were long enough to get snapped.

Does any one remember H.A.S.H. jeans?

Jo

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-30

I had to look that term up!  I absolutely do not remember it at all.   

According to the internet, "HASH blue jeans were bell bottom and had a double-star design and the letters H.A.S.H. stiched in gold thread on the back right pocket."   Apparently, they also had many different back pocket designs.

But to answer your question .. nope, for me. :-)

Midkid5

Jul-30

In our neck of the woods they were the first of what I would call "name" brand jeans, more experience than any others.  I didn't have any cause I refused to spend my hard earned money to have a name on my butt. My sister and good friend had no trouble spending their money.

Jo

LABFIEND

Jul-31

Midkid5 said:

Does any one remember H.A.S.H. jeans?

No, don't know those!  I wasn't a hippy, I was a western type-LOL. And I avoided home ec and sewing until i was in college and started making some of my own clothes, my  friend and i even made body cast of ourselves out of paper mache, so we could fit our clothes.  I loved the body suits cause you did keep your shirt tucked in!!

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-31

my Sis loved Dittos....or Jordashe jeans... I never was one for a name on my butt either,...