Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1920416 views.
MelRN

Aug-17

Cathy (cacnurse1) said...

She called to tell me that she put on makeup for the first time since her surgery yesterday!

Yippee!!! I'm so glad she's starting to feel more herself :D 

karensquilte

Aug-17

Its so nice to hear you are doing much, much better and even putting on some makeup.  You are the princess after all!  Keep improving and soon you'll be home back to your own devices.

Mishii

Aug-17

Thank goodness. The neighbors were starting to complain!
KSCarolyn

Aug-17

I'm so disappointed, my doctor told me I have to wait another month before he can give me a cortisone shot in my knee.  Something to do with having to wait 3 months after my back surgery.  I'm limping pretty bad and it interferes with my PT sessions.  I was hoping to get off this walker before the end of the month.  I think that is probably not going to happen.

Carolyn

Judy (DJZMOM)

Aug-18

You are soooo right!!  To have our Princess put on make-up is a wonderful sign of getting better and stronger!

Now we look forward to YOU checking in to let us know how you are managing through your recovery too.  I was so glad to see a FB update from Bob that your surgery went well.  I'll be praying you through!!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Aug-18

You must feel like a new woman with a haircut!  Good for you.  It was very sweet that your DIL's beautician came in to attend to you!!

But I'm so sorry that your knee is giving you such a bad time that you'll be stuck with the walker.  I've been told it's better to be safe than sorry.  Sometimes that's not always what I think.

MelRN

Aug-18

I'm sorry, Carolyn. I wondered about that too. Cortisone shots deplete your immune system, which is how they help with the pain...decreasing the inflammation that your system creates. So steroids after a surgery isn't the greatest idea. I'm praying for you! ????????

lppenguins

Aug-18

So far mine are shots I take in the stomach. They just call it infusions. I’m pretty much done for the next 24 hours. I sure feel guilty for complaining about previous inconveniences I’ve had to deal with. Lol

almost done with this part so yay. Prayers for all who are struggling. 

lppenguins

Aug-18

Wow Ami, you sure have a lot lined up!  Doing the hiking in the Rockies would be beautiful. And your right on home prices in Colorado sheesh they’re high!

good luck on the quilts. 

lppenguins

Aug-18

Oh my Carolyn, I’m so glad your better, out of pain and able to go home!  Hugs x 10