Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1894157 views.
LindaPutt

Sep-28

I usually get to sew at the beginning of the week because I don't have the baby here to watch then - but I've been feeling lousy with overall aches and a tooth ache.  I went to the dentist yesterday thinking I had a cavity.  Instead, he found I have an infection in my tooth/jaw area.  No wonder I've been feeling like this.  He gave me antibiotics and already I'm noticing the pain beginning to subside today.  Have any of you had this before?  I was surprised when he said we'd try the antibiotics first because his original plan was a root canal.  I HATE root canals.  I hope these antibiotics will mean that idea is out.

LindaPutt

Sep-28

Here's what I had been hoping to work on this week - my version of "Tula Nova" - an English Paper Pieced project designed by Tula Pink.  I've a long way to go but am enjoying working with the rainbow colors.  I still have another day before little Kingsley is here, so hopefully I can make a little bit of progress on it.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Sep-28

That's going to be gorgeous!  What does the entire quilt look like?

Sometime in October, I'm going to be getting a Tula Pink kit for "Inner Cube".  It will be my first Tula Pink quilt.  I usually don't get kits but this one just grabbed my attention. 

LindaPutt

Sep-28

I can see why.  It's amazing!

Here's a picture of the original Tula Nova.  I didn't get a kit so my fabrics will be different than hers though.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Sep-28

even though you're using your own stash, from the selection that you posted, you're keeping the very bright shades ... it will look stupendous.

For the kit I'm getting, I don't have anything like their sample.  To me, the aspect that really makes the quilt so striking is the the juxtaposition of those specific colors and the black/white stripes.  So, in this case, the kit was a "justifiable" expense.  LOL!  :-)

judyinohio

Sep-28

Pirate, I'm an orphan, up for adoption.

Just thought I'd remind you of this fact so when you are done with the "Inner Cube" quilt and don't know what to do with it you can give it to your new daughter.  kissing_smiling_eyes

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Sep-28

Please accept my condolences on your orphancy.  I can empathize, as I am an orphan also.  Such a tragedy.  :-)

I will certainly remember your existence if I don't have a clue on what do to with the finished quilt.   :-)

I love the bright color palette.  That will be beautiful. I hope the antibiotics work and cure the toothache. 

judyinohio

Sep-28

Ya know, there are times when we really need a sarcasm font ......  why hasn't one been invented?

• Edited September 28, 2021 5:16 pm  by  judyinohio
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Sep-28

Sarcasm fonts.  Hmmm.

New Sarcasm Font Has Been Released And It Is Brilliant - Waterford Whispers News

New Sarcasm Font Has Been Released And It Is Brilliant - Waterford Whispers News

I wish sarcasm was available as a font a paper cut greetings

Sarcasm Font

free font: Sarcastic Robot -- love that name! (already downloaded) | Lettering, Cool fonts ...

MediocreMan: A Sarcastic Font

Fancy Various Fonts Download 121-160 | Fonts4Free

oh, now here's something interesting.    This site has some VERY intriguing other additional punctuation marks! :-) 

Unique Font For Lost Punctuation Marks | Blogging on Design & Marketing

(although I *have* heard of the interobang before: