Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Houston, we have a problem   General Discussion

Started Nov-9 by Pirate (PIRATE_SR); 1048 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Nov-9

I am getting a new longarm (Innova).  My Tin Lizzie 18 is going to Judy Akers (DJsMom) this weekend.  So, today Mr Pirate  & I loaded up the Jeep with Lizzie and accoutrement.  Lizzie and stuff were in a storage shed on the side of our property so we drove the Jeep there instead of manually hauling the 95lb Lizzie to the Jeep.

After the Jeep was loaded, we walked away to finish doing some other stuff.  When done with that, I turned towards the Jeep in order to move it back to its parking spot in front of the house.  And that's when I realized we had a problem.

*12* turkeys had moved in ... in front and to the sides of the Jeep to hunt for bugs and whatever.   My goodness ... it is very difficult to get things done around here when you have impediments such as this.

And no .. they are smart enough to disappear about a week before Thanksgiving.  :-)

judyinohio

Nov-9

We will have to take your word about the number of turkeys for the photo is too small to be of any use for verification. I think it is charming of them to show up as an "honor guard" of sorts; a vigil will be held until Lizzie leaves home.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Nov-9

sorry 'bout that.  Here's a bigger shot of the same picture.  But you'll still need to take my word for it because there are only 8 turkeys in the shot. :-)

and the forum will reduce the photo anyway.   Ya just can't win. :-)

Midkid5

Nov-9

That's a small flock, the flock that wonders around our town is about twice hat size.

Jo

judyinohio

Nov-9

Somehow I keep thinking about feather quilting ..... 

bornblesse2

Nov-9

Lol......gobble, gobble!

That’s a funny story, instead of guard dogs, you have guard turkeys. Hope they disappear soon before they wind up on someone’s table. 

sueinIL

Nov-10

We've had a small family of turkeys wandering around our town, too!  Since last spring, at least.  There is a mom, and there were 3 babies, but one was run over on the highway one day.  The "babies" are now pretty much adults, and they just wander from backyard to backyard.  They spent the day yesterday in the parking lot of our local elementary school, a dangerous place with all the buses coming and going, and parents picking up their kids.  They have been a topic in our local newspaper a number of times, and the subject of every lull in the conversation for months.  

Sue in IL

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-10

Bet they would move if you started the car.grinning

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Nov-10

That's the trivial solution. ??