Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Why do husbands always have to be right?   Off-Topic Chat

Started Nov-9 by Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto); 941 views.

Well sometimes they are just wrong. DH always insists that the ole diesel fuel guage is wrong and always insists there is plenty of fuel. So this morning he gets mad. He has me drop him off and wants me to get fuel at COSTCO some miles away. I suggest I get fuel closer to where we are camped. He gets really annoyed with me because I am questioning what he knows for a fact. Well he was right I made it to COSTCO but ran out and literally had to coast the last 20 feet to the pump.

A coworker had to drive him over and it took them an hour to get it going. With diesel you have to prime it.

judyinohio

Nov-9

I asked my DH to read your story about your DH and he chuckled. 

I think that my DH recognized himself in this "tale of woe" because occasionally he has a very hard time admitting that I know more about something that he does. For example, in our household I am the computer whiz and he is the computer doofus. In our household I will not let him touch my vintage sewing machines.

So my DH does not control everything in our lives.  But it took my wicked sense of humor to pound that lesson home early in our marriage.  No specifics offered.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Nov-9

Oh dear!  Glad you made it tpo Costco but but kinda serves him right he had to come over to get it going!  hehehe

Judy my thoughts exactly.  He saved pennies on fuel and he and his coworkers had to spend an hour of their time. The coworker told me he was not  gonna let Mark live it down.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-10

Glad you made it.  Did waste some time for the 3 of you.

have you seen the Seinfeld episode where Kramer and a car sales man are driving all over New York seeing just how far they can go after the Fuel light comes on.  It's almost like Thelma and Louise.  Some guys take it as a challenge.

Yep I guess Mark kinda pushed too hard on this issue and now we know. There have been times we were driving in sparsely populated places late at night and we never ran out. I now know how close we were some of those times........silly man!!!!

LABFIEND

Nov-12

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

There have been times we were driving in sparsely populated places late at night and we never ran out.

Then there was the time I drove to Cillette Wyo in the middle of the night with less than a quarter tank of gas in a pickup truck!  Made it with fumes to spare!  My excuse was I was told there was a gas station inbetween, but it was closed!!

latterberry

Nov-13

I was driving my myself through Missouri on some sparsely populated country roads very concerned about the state of my gas tank.  It was daylight, but still all alone in the middle of nowhere.  I came around a curve and there was a gas station --no town, just a gas station.  I put 15.85 gallons of gas in a 16 gallon tank.  I do believe in guardian angels.