Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Rest in Peace Nancy   General Discussion

Started Nov-14 by mxkittens; 477 views.
mxkittens

Nov-14

http://www.nancyzieman.com/blog/about-nancy-zieman/

Such a loss.  I have watched so many of her shows, and learned so much from her.  Blessing of comfort to her "sewing family".  It is a loss to us all.

• Edited November 14, 2017 2:09 pm  by  mxkittens

This is so sad.  I have watched her for more than 20 years, and learned much from her about sewing techniques and shortcuts.  I have just been watching the latest episodes - the last 2-part series was on embellishing "out of the box."  There may be a few episodes that have not aired yet.  I look for them every week.  

You can just tell she was a kind and gentle soul.  I will surely miss her, but it is so nice to have her videos to watch again.  

MarciainMD

Nov-14

Thank you for posting the link.  So sad.

Suze (casuzenn)

Nov-14

oh sooooo sad...she was a wonderful teacher and guiding light..

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-14

So sorry to hear that.  I enjoyed watching her shows when I could catch them.

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Nov-15

This is very sad news, but thank you for letting us know.

Cris in MT

SHARONAE44

Nov-24

Good Grief! I had not heard. I always watch her show. You would think that PBS here would have made an announcement. I'm very sad. I will miss her show. I guess when we come to the end of the already recorded shows they will just rerun them.

Sharon in Arizona

In reply toRe: msg 7
lavenderloco

Nov-25

On Create, a PBS station, they are doing a tribute to Nancy by airing her shows from 5 am to 11am CST. ;^)

Donna in Oklahoma

In reply toRe: msg 8
lavenderloco

Nov-26

According to my cable guide, they are repeating the six hour programs from 11am to 5pm on Create today. I love the show on “simple, and easy-to-sew projects for children”. This show has her granddaughters in it. I’m thinking it is one of the last shows she filmed.

Donna in Oklahoma 

Sounds like a nice lineup of shows. I have never seen any for sewing with children.