Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Forum log in issue   News and Announcements

Started Nov-18 by Misha (MISHAMISHA); 1024 views.
Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Nov-18

I'm not sure how many of you are having the same problem I am, but often times when I check the forum from my phone, I appear to be logged in and yet it prompts me to login again if I try to reply to a post. Once I have done the secondary login, it takes me to a different topic than the one I was reading.

I don't know why this is happening, and a simple refresh upon opening the forum page no longer seems to help. 

Instead, what I found works relatively well is to click "reply" to any random post on the forum once the page 1st comes up,  click "login", and then go about my reading.

The one concern though, is if the page that comes up initially is one that you wanted to read, it's a good idea to read it otherwise the system marks it as "already read" and it won't come up again on your next "unread messages" search. 

When it does that and I did not get a chance to read it, I change the filter to "TODAY" and I can go back and find the message I wanted to read.  Then have to set it back to UNREAD.  

I have been having that ptoblem for some time as I use only my phone. Thanks for the tip.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-18

This just happened to me and has been happening for months.  Most irritating because I miss the thread I was reading.  If I think ahead, I know which thread it was and change from "unread" to "2 days back".  Can they not fix this?  I've tried going to log in when I first go to the refreshed page but it says that I am already logged in.  I can read ahead but can't reply if I do that because I lose the thread.rage

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-18

Happens on my computer.  I don't do the forum on my phone.

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Nov-18

Sorry to hear this happens on the computer too, and not just the phone. I'm sure the Delphi must be aware of that, but I haven't specifically sent in a ticket for it. 

judyinohio

Nov-18

Some days it happens and some days it doesn't.  I have not been able to figure out a pattern for the erratic log-in mystery.

I always use my desktop computer (never use a phone or tablet) and I think the problem started months ago.

bornblesse2

Nov-18

I’ve been having those issues and it’s a real pain!  I wish there was a fix! I read on my iPad and it does the same......

you appear logged in, but when you try to reply it kicks you out.

KSCarolyn

Nov-18

When I click on reply it takes me to the log in, even though it looks like I'm already logged in so I:

1. log in again

2. click on the back button at the top left hand side (twice) and then it takes me back to the message I want to reply to and i click on reply again and I'm able to actually reply.

This has been going on for months and I mainly use my desktop computer.  The process works for me every time.  What a PITA!

Carolyn

MarciainMD

Nov-18

That's what I do too.  It works, but as you said PITA.