Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 605011 views.
Msg 3006.1735 and the next 1 deleted
latterberry

2/19/19

Those two rings are such beautiful designs!  I love the colors!  You are right--they would be fun to wear for a fancy event, but not something for every day use.  My first thought was napkin rings and I see other beat me to the suggestion.  I wonder if there is a way to make them bigger and somehow figure out how to make them into shower curtain rings.  That way you could see the results of your work daily.  

Pat (bealinfl)

2/19/19

Really awesome, so different 

xstchr

2/20/19

I am workin on this quilt for our Guild “paint strip” challenge.  It will be turned in at our April meeting.  I designed this quilt with a rail fence background.  The rail fence blocks are placed irregularly on purpose.  I am calling it “The Garden Wall”  my Mom an Gram had a trellis wall of sweet peas growin on them every year.  The quilting was done after the stems were appliquéd.  Some of the flowers were machine stitched down, others have been hand stitched on.  I still need to add the centers for some of the flowers and add all the leaves.  I’m thinking of embroidering the cloth leaves onto the stems, though some will be under the edge of the flowers.  Each flower will have a unique center.  My paint strip was 7 shades of teal and a mustardy yellow orange.  The quilt will be a wall hanging..

Love your quilt. The dimensional flowers are really nice.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

2/20/19

Why could you not wear these rings in your town?  They are very interesting.  I like them.  Would your daughter or DGDs possibly wear them?  You need one of those ring sizers that jewelers have.  Glad you are having fun.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

2/20/19

You are certainly up to the challenge.  That will be a beautiful wall hanging.

Suze (casuzenn)

2/20/19

ooh...like that trellis quilt... your quilting is very interesting!

rsinn

2/20/19

Lovely trellis quilt.