Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 609325 views.
Midkid5

4/18/19

Your blocks are beautiful, the quilt is going to be one of a kind gorgeous.

Jo

Suze (casuzenn)

4/19/19

ok...so much for putting down roots in So Cal!!!

Enjoy the Grand Canyon and Boulder!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

4/19/19

Always nice when the spouses also get along!relaxed

Cathy (cacnurse1)

4/19/19

What will Mark be doing in Boulder?  Is this another job or an assignment from the company he already works for?  Boulder should be a nicer place to be than the desert.  How close is Mark's brother to Boulder?  I'm sure you have a long list of "to do" items for NM.

Wish we could have met up while I was there.

Mark will be working on an engineering project. His brother is about 20 min from Boulder. 

I do have a lit of quilting, piecing, prep for an applique project and some garment sewing ptojects. Also some painting on the house.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

4/22/19

Looks like you will both be busy.  Nice that mark will be able to see his brother.  I haven't been to Boulder.  What's it like?

Cathy (cacnurse1)

4/22/19

The only sewing I've had time for is altering my DGD's Easter dress.  She is not officially taller than I am:-(.  I'm shrinking and she is growing.

Hope to carve out some time in my sewing room this week.  My work project will be over in a couple weeks.  I'm looking forward to that.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

4/23/19

The latest Art Deco block that I've finished.

I'm busy prepping the next 2 blocks so I have something to do on our next road trip. :-)

judyinohio

4/23/19

Your quilt is going to be so calm and dignified.  I love the look of each block. Will there be sashing in the finished quilt?

Mine is going to be so .... rowdy.  Boisterous. Rambunctious.

A side story for a moment: DD was here on Sunday and so was her dearest childhood buddy who now lives in Alberta, Canada. Jana was in town visiting her mother and brother.  Jana and DD were best friends from the time they were nine years old until they graduated from high school and went off to different colleges and took very different paths ... one went into engineering and one was an English major. Jana has married three times and had four children, DD has remained single and childless. But when they get together every five or six years they laugh  and chatter just like they were youngsters again.

So DD and Jana were gabbing about this and that and Jana asks me "What quilt are you making now?"and DD says "You won't believe the colors she is using" and they trot off to my sewing room. 

Both of them agree that the quilt is too bright and it is difficult to look at.  DD says I will need to tone it down with some tea-dyeing or something like that once I get it finished.  And then DD took Jana off to the garage to see my bead-making set up and the subject of this gaudy quilt was forgotten.

I think this photo makes it look like it is beginning to take the shape of a quilt that could eat Ohio, eh?  (Jana has lived in Canada for over 20 years and she's talking like a Canadian.)