Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 607646 views.

Sounds like more fun than cleaning. I have cleaned the last two days and am just about ready to be able to work on some stuff instead of cleaning.

I have not been able to do handwork on long car drives in quite some time............I really miss it and should just figure out a "car project". I used to have multiple projects kitted and just need to grab one and everything including sissors, thread etc was in there. I have finished all of those so really need to figure out some new ones.

judyinohio

5/13/19

I just wanted Ami to have a happy space.

Sure unleashed Stormin' Mishii, didn't I?  LOL

judyinohio

5/13/19

Had to take a few days off to rest my left arm. It feels better after being idle and I'll get back to stitching tomorrow.

Idle?  Doing laundry, grocery shopping, etc. isn't exactly idle, but that kinda work is not as stressful as shoving fabric under the needle for hours.  Hardest part of domestic arts is pulling the driver's door shut on my Ford Escape as I run off to the grocery store ... that doggoned door is heavy.

Mishii

5/13/19

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

.I know I want all my stash but it keeps getting moved all over the country several times

Living in two places makes it difficult.  I did that for a year and my  stuff was an organizing nightmare.  No matter where I was, what I wanted was in the other place.  I feel your pain!

LABFIEND

5/13/19

Mishii said:

For Patty - yeah, I support you, but I still want to get my hands on that building.

LOL, glad you  are letting me be, until you get to Oklahoma!  I will have tothink of a title for myself, I hate to see useful things just discarded, I would rather find them a useful home  You know, someday our planet is going to run out of resources.

?

Hey Judy no worries. It would be fun to have you come over here even if just to visit. I get excited about a project and start pulling out stuff and next thing you know stuff is everywhere. I guess I do have a bit much and I will try to move some of it outta here to a new home. You do raise some very valid points.

LABFIEND said:

I hate to see useful things just discarded, I would rather find them a useful home You know, someday our planet is going to run out of resources.

I heard once that we use the term "throw away" well there really is no "away". That stuff fills landfills and toxic stuff can seep into the enviornment. I too like to find homes for anything I have that someone else may be able to use.

latterberry

5/14/19

Wow! Your heritage scrap booking sounds quite labor intensive.  Can you explain about the newspaper.com?  Can you find articles about people from long ago?  Interesting.

latterberry

5/14/19

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

I get excited about a project and start pulling out stuff and next thing you know stuff is everywhere

That is entirely my problem.  I get excited about something and start pulling out more than what I need for whatever it was I was excited about.  I am currently interested in red and white quilts, so have pulled anything that is red or red and white.  It will get cleaned ;up when I get out of that phase.  Hopefully...

latterberry

5/14/19

LABFIEND said:

I hate to see useful things just discarded,

Same here!  I was brought up that way, if you don't want it then find it a new home, unless it si really in bad shape or totally useless.  It is sad how disposable our society has become.  One man's junk is another man's treasure.