Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 478537 views.
judyinohio

6/1/19

Thanks, Pirate.

Best part of some of the creative stuff with clay is the smirk on my face when I think of the name for the dumb bird and then carry out the design technique necessary to create what goes with the name.  (You might have guessed that "dimple bottomed" is the polite version of what I was really thinking.)

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

6/1/19

judyinohio said:

(You might have guessed that "dimple bottomed" is the polite version of what I was really thinking.)

The poor thing had smallpox on his posterior?  :-)

Mishii

6/2/19

These are all so cute!  They look fantastic and you won't have to spend time watering and deadheading!

judyinohio

6/2/19

And I will not have murderous urges to chase down squirrels and wring their little necks when they dig in these pots for buried acorns next spring! 

(Plus I have a dimwit neighbor down the street who is leaving out unshelled peanuts for the squirrels. I have found a few of those in my large pots when I dig around preparing to plant my begonias and I know exactly who to blame. She feeds feral cats and religiously recycles everything ... she is on a one-woman mission to save the earth. Don't get me wrong ... I recycle newspapers, catalogs, pop cans, etc. but this neighbor is abnormal.)

MarciainMD

6/2/19

Your creations add a lot of color and interest to your pots.  And your descriptions are fun!

5dogmom (CRISR5)

6/2/19

One of my oilfield co-workers called a staple remover a whickerbill, which I always thought would be a good name for a bird.

Feel free to make your own interpretation of a whickerbill if you feel so inclined.

Cris in MT

Suze (casuzenn)

6/2/19

I asked Terry if you needed to use a ball point needle on the T-Shirt quilts with Terial Magic and this is her reply:

"great question, I hope this helps, it's what I do~ I use a universal needle but you should test on a scrap of your t-shirt fabric as some are very light or have poly in them that may not absorb the Terial Magic as well as 100% cotton, thereby needing a ball point."

So...this might just work!   

Suze (casuzenn)

6/2/19

very cute cathedral windows!