Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 533842 views.
MarciainMD

6/9/19

What fun you must be having!

hmm, I had not noticed that.  My favorite block is a red one, but one of the pinwheels is torn in that one.  I'm trying to pick a section that is a whole as possible.  Mostly the sashing and binding are frayed, but there are a couple of blocks too. 

Cathy (cacnurse1)

6/10/19

It's beautiful, Mary.  I'm sure you will complete it by June 20.  They should love it.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

6/10/19

Love your Zinnia!  Can't wait to see the rest of your creations.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

6/10/19

Nice accent, esp until those begonias get bigger and fill n the rest of the pot.  It will really stand out against those dark leaves.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

6/10/19

You were busy.  I hear you about that back, neck and shoulder deal.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

6/11/19

judyinohio said:

here are some more goofy polymer clay creations stuck in my flower pots.

I'm jealous of your creativity.  You just let loose and have fun!  They are all so cute.  The Dollar Store has lots of great finds.  You just have to look.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

6/12/19

Among the other projects, I've been steadily working on a Reverse Applique project.   The pattern is "Beauty" from Jill Rixman and can be found on her website here.   I've finally finished the last reverse applique stitch. Woo hoo!

I'm now thinking about adding some embroidery stitches around the butterflies ... some vines? some flowers?  some leaves?  It shouldn't take too long, right?  ::cough::  ::cough::  Then it will be fashioned into a long, skinny pillow.

Don't fall down in shock, but I've actually blogged about it.  :-)  That blog entry can be seen here.

The project, sans embroidery, is below:

and here is a close-up of the reverse applique, attempting to show you how the applique is sitting *below* the base fabric:

judyinohio

6/12/19

Cathy, I made my first excursion to the Dollar Tree store in my small town this morning and spent about thirty minutes poking around. The store really did not seem to carry much in the way of metal items that could be useful. (Cannot bake polymer clay on plastic items.)

So here are the five things I brought home (which Delphi has flipped sideways for your amusement) :

I thought the mesh sink screens were the cutest. Might go back for more of those if they work out OK.

Cut out a flower to bake in the smaller bowl as a test just to see if it would work:

and learned what happens when that much heat is concentrated inside a small bowl for too long. The purple polymer clay was scorched black!  Black petunias are on the market now.  LOL  

If I use the small bowls again I will bake the clay draped over the outside of the bowl, not inside.  Live and learn.

judyinohio

6/12/19

Oh, gosh, Pirate. Those are cute!