Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 609818 views.

I've found myself prefacing almost everything with "have I told you this already?"  Sometimes I imagine myself telling someone something and then "remember" having told them.  

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

2/4/20

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

I've found myself prefacing almost everything with "have I told you this already?"  Sometimes I imagine myself telling someone something and then "remember" having told them.  

Geez, I do that in real life.  Very annoying.  But I honestly can't remember what fabulous, interesting, and fascinating piece of news I've told to which person!  My youngest DD has no problem in cutting me off  ("You've told me that, Mom.") which is OK with me cuz I have LOTS of fabulous, interesting, and fascinating pieces of news to relate to her (cue her rolling her eyes).  :-)   Other people are more polite and reticent to say so and let me ramble on.   :-)

I hate that look on people's faces about half way through a story, when you both realize you are repeating yourself.  I expected it in my 80's.  But Not late 50's!

bornblesse2

2/4/20

Just posting here to say I was in my sewing room tonight!  Felt good to sew binding strips and some scrappy HSTs.  I have other things to work on, but I was too tired to do much else!

yea for sewing!. 

definitely.  I have worked on my forever hand work project last night.  I need to quilt some donation quilts, but too tired to load the backing.  Maybe this weekend - Dh is likely going to be working so that would be a good time to quilt.  either that or start the taxes - ahahahahahah.  Yeah, I'll be sewing.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

2/5/20

and ... TA DA!!!   I have finally finished my current Forever Project™!!

This is my Smooshed Hexies top (not yet a quilt; not gonna be quilt for a long time).  I started in 2016 with a bunch of hexies and no plan.  After some research and looking at what to do with the flower units besides Grandmother's Flower Garden, I saw where someone had simply sewn them all snuggled up against one another, willy-nilly.  

Gosh.  I could do that.  So, I kept making flower units and sewing them together until I had achieved a "goodly size".  At that point, I was bored and put it away.  Fast forward to 2019 when I rediscovered it in one of my UFO boxes.  It really was too small to do anything with it, unless a baby quilt was needed ... and let me tell you that I don't love ANY baby enough to give them a hand-stitched quilt.  Yep, I am just that selfish.

So, more research into how to make it bigger ... attractively .. with out more smooshed hexies.  I found a border treatment that I liked and adapted it to my center.

And folks ... I put in the final stitch tonight!  I'm feeling pretty doggone good about it, too.  :-)

MarciainMD

2/5/20

Looking at it gives me a happy feeling because it's so bright and cheerful.  Lovely work!

Must feel good to have it done. It sure looks amazing.

Suze (casuzenn)

2/5/20

Your Smooshed Hexies is doggone cute!

Midkid5

2/5/20

It's a beautiful top, sorry it will once again be tucked away, not quilted and on display for visitors to see your creative talent.

Jo