Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 504927 views.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said...

Was Bob in his Easter dino outfit?  :-)

Bwhahaha! <3

Midkid5

4/13/20

Needed some new shirts so decide to have fun and made this one

The pencil is curved but that happened to all my pencils due to a childhood injury so I'm okay with it.  Under the pencil it says : the way it use to be done"

Jo

Your shirt is cute. I love your fabric!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

4/13/20

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

Was Bob in his Easter dino outfit?  :-)

Not for church, although he could have been.  It's not really an outfit he can sit down in.  grinning

Cathy (cacnurse1)

4/13/20

Midkid5 said:

Needed some new shirts so decide to have fun and made this one

Cute idea!  Have fun wearing it.

Love your fun shirt!

I finished my trial pair of pants and now am trying to decide how much I like the fit the way it is. They are not loose like the picture of the model on the pattern envelope, but then again they are not tight and look fine as they are. Nice to have actually finished something again as it has been a couple of weeks.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

4/13/20

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

They are not loose like the picture of the model on the pattern envelope, but then again they are not tight and look fine as they are.

It's nice to have a pair of "tailored" pants to wear.

I just washed the pants and they are hanging to dry. I will try them on again and see what I think..................this is the pattern I got the blue linen at SAS for and I do not want to cut into that until I am sure (I have blue matching thread for that).....................ok get ready.................RANT!!!!!

When I loaded up stuff in Colorado a few weeks ago I figured I would be at the most a month away so I really did not grab as much as I could. I did look at the bins of threads for garment sewing which contains a million and one thread colors as when sewing clothes you really do want the thread to be at least a decent match. Nope I just grabbed black, grey, tan and blue. So the pants I just finished are a lilac fabric that is a like a coarse linen (wanted something close to the blue linen to test this pattern) but I did not have lilac thread or my good serger (why I did not grab the serger................and also do not have my buttonhole foot for the Phaff I have here so I cannot do anything that needs buttons and I have lots of ideas for stuff that needs buttons). NOPE I figured I would not be gone that long. So I had to use a beige ancient thread that is very, very ancient that was in with serger thread because it is on a cone but it is not serger thread. It looks ok as long as you do not look really close because it is about the same shade. Ok so I used the old serger that uses 2 threads to do the overlock but it is really narrow, it works ok but is not the best case senario.................I used french seams on most of the pants except the seams with pockets because of the pockets and I love pockets. Ok so I found a huge bin of garment fabric that got packed up when we went to Texas..........I had forgotten about it and there were some great fabrics including a brown linen like fabric that would be great for this pattern..............nope none of the thread I have blends, no way no how so I guess I will not be sewing anything out of that fabric. So the other fabrics that I have thread for like black.............either they would need buttons/and or I want to use my wide nice overlocker serger on those seams.

I just do not feel like working on quilt stuff as I want instant gratification that sewing clothes provides..................a few hours of sewing and you have something finished!

Ok rant over.................