Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 538662 views.

Nope I will not be going to any stores. Just need to figure out what I can work on. I might just bring the quilt project upstairs and work on that. Also still have boxes to repack and that would be good to just have done.

The snow looks really pretty now that we have blue skies again. It will likely melt pretty fast.

sueinIL

4/14/20

Judy, I was noodling about on pinterest a couple days ago, and came across "Shattered."  Have you started that one yet?  Show us your progress!

Sue in IL

Shattered is in my "to do" list, too! :) 

sueinIL

4/14/20

I love it, too, but after doing 2 quilts with mega numbers of HSTs, I'm out of the game for that one.

Sue in IL

judyinohio

4/14/20

No, I have not started a quilting project. I am working on a 2,000 piece jigsaw puzzle I picked up on impulse while on a grocery shopping trip instead. It is as boring as all get out but it is not stressful on my shoulders.  I do not normally work "scenic" puzzles but this was all that was on the puzzle shelf and I said to myself "Why not?" and grabbed it.

I've never done a 2,000  piecer before and it is taking forever.

I might wind up pitching it in the wastebasket someday.

sueinIL

4/14/20

Nonono! Don't pitch it!  Just leave it alone for a bit; eventually it will call you back.  I have only done 1,000 piece ones; the latest was national parks of the US. Very colorful and descriptive. It's dismantled now, but I think I'll give it to our new library when libraries get to be open again.

Sue in IL

5dogmom (CRISR5)

4/14/20

Judy,

Paraphrasing what I read once about crossword puzzles, that they do not have to be completed to be enjoyable and provide satisfaction to the person working them.  I think the same thing can be said about jigsaw puzzles.

Cris in MT

LOL!!!. I just rotate the types of quilts...easy with challenging ones, HST with 4 patch or paper piecing, etc. Same thing with the type of fabrics. It keeps my interest. :P 

After my little fit yesterday I decided to tidy up my pile of stuff I brought with me that I don't have what I need to work on. It is all now neatly folded with the patterns I am going to use in a nice plastic cabinet with drawers. So I found a jacket that I started in Washington...........when I lived there the first time like back in the late 1990's. It is made out of a knit that looks like a suede snakeskin in a nice rust color. I always liked it but it was too boxy and was cropped at the waist so it never got finished. It is fully lined as well. Somewhere over the years of floating around the sewing room I actually must have tried it on and pinned the side seams to nip it in just enough so it is more flattering. I grabbed it in the past few months and dragged it up to Colorado to try to finish it. Well it was one of the things I scooped up to bring back down here to work on and I grabbed the right color thread to do the alteration and finishing. I have done the fix on the side seams, tried it on and it looks great. I am now in the process of hemming the bottom, then will also hem the linning to the bottom and hem the sleeves and it will be a finished project. It will be a nice jacket for Spring when you just need something to take the chill off. I hope to get it finished today or tomorrow.

I am also thinking about switching to working on quilts next and am starting to be a bit more excited about sewing in general the past few days since I have made myself work on something each day. It is kinda one of those things that the hardest part of working on something when you are not wanting to is that you just start..............once you are going it is much easier to keep going.

I am enjoying the snow out the window. It is melting fast but it sure is pretty............likely the last snow we will get this year here and the moisture is slowly melting into the ground rather than just running off.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

4/15/20

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

I hope to get it finished today or tomorrow.

Don't forget pictures of you modelling it!