Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 605828 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

4/16/20

bornblesse2 said:

My friend with an autistic adult child needed her weighted blanket washed and repaired.

You are a blessing to them.  

The church asked our quilt group if we could make the staff about 30 masks.  We have shared the load so I'm making 5.  Trying a new pattern with a pocket.  They are cut out.  Will sew in the morning.  I have some shop towels from Nyla and will include a few filters with each mask.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

4/16/20

Mishii said:

Our nurses are being run ragged right now, it's crazy.  In July I'm hoping we can do a bunch of therapy only admits and give the nurses a bit of time off.  That will never work, but a girl can dream!

Feast or Famine!  Hard to get a nice balance to keep everyone happy.  Dream on!

latterberry

4/16/20

Now, that is one big ambitious undertaking!  What do you do with them when finished?  Do you take them apart or glue them to something?  My mom and dad used to do a lot of puzzles and she would glue them to poster board or something and hung them on the wall in the workroom of their basement.  I enjoy puzzles, but do mine online--no mess to clean up or pieces to lose.

latterberry

4/16/20

My DD is a PT with the hospital's outpatient clinics and they are going through major changes too.  Not enough patients so they are having to take furlough days or work at the hospital taking temps of the employees coming in to work.  She was afraid she was going to have to take a 90 day furlough, but so far so good.

judyinohio

4/16/20

Just take them apart.  Then perhaps years later solve them again.

But not this 2000 piecer ... once will be enough for this monster.

tuckyquilter

4/17/20

Day 571 of house arrest! I’ve made 25K HST, finished a small box stars pattern quilt top and found backing in my stash. I have also got the first border on my 2018 Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt. Other borders are finished, pressed and ready to be sewn on.  Now, all I need is someone to come help me spray-based. It’s so much easier with two people. But, if push comes to shove, I’ll pull up my boards, roll up the quilt and do it myself.

Mishii

4/18/20

San Antonio is requiring masks for everyone when in public....and they are opening things back up next week.  ::sigh::

Anyway, there are no masks available so people have been coming to be on the sly and asking if they can buy masks from me for their families.  I've tried to explain to them that it isn't that I *mind* making masks, I just do not have the time.  14 hour days and I'm not real keen on running home and whipping out 10 masks a night, right?

So I came up with a plan.  I told them that if they were willing to come to the office today (Saturday), I would supply everything and we could do an assembly line of mask construction.  They happily agreed, so I'm headed to the office with a tub of fabric, interfacing, and stuff.  I felt like I was packing for the worst retreat ever lol

I figure with this many people we would be able to bust out a bunch a masks in a few hours.  They are bringing food as well so at least the eating will be good!

My plans for today is to work on the t-shirt quilt again. I now just have the row on the left. Once that is done I will figure out the strips to insert between the three rows and a border. Unfortunately the quilting will have to wait till I get back to Colorado as my longarm is up there.

I did do a blog post https://enchantingquilts.blogspot.com I posted about the black wide leg jeans I finished a week ago. I also took photos of the denim pair I made a few months ago as well as the original pair I made last Summer. I will put each thing I made in a separate blog post because I saw that my prior entry aside from a few weeks ago was a year ago.............I have really neglected my blog the last few years with very sporadic posts. I do hope to revive it and start doing more regular posts including progress posts and not just finished projects. Taking photos has been much of the stumbling block as I want nice photos and then have to decide how to do that...............and it does not get done. The last few finished quilts are all in Colorado and now I so wish I had photographed them as I planned..............they will still be there when things reopen.

ooooh I love your idea. Teaching them to fish instead of feeding them the fish................brilliant! Sounds like a fun thing to do as well.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

4/18/20

Mishii said:

I told them that if they were willing to come to the office today (Saturday), I would supply everything and we could do an assembly line of mask construction. 

You are a problem solver.  Hope they appreciate you giving up your Saturday and donating your supplies.  They should put you in for "Boss of the Year"!  Hope the food is good.  I'll be interested to hear how this came out.