Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 537947 views.
bornblesse2

5/11/20

Well, the cabinet is not yet filled.  The top drawer has some scrappy cuttings that were in shoe boxes.  I put a collection of music themed fabric in one drawer as my other cabinets are full and I couldn’t add them to that.  The third drawer has 2 ufos in it, just so pieces stay together.

But, none of the drawers are full.  Nor are they organized as I want them to be.  They are more like In a Holding pattern while I end and remove some of tubs and see how I can best organize!  
this is ongoing.....

My "Home In The Woods" quilt is officially finished...........it is the big one I showed at the retreat, log cabins with  the applique border with flowers, bunnies, a bear and a cabin. I finally finished the label a couple of days ago and today I finished handsewing the hanging sleeve.............now to take some photos and post this one on my blog. I started it around 2004 doing a long cabin block swap so it is good to finally have the very last detail done.

I also wanted to make a few t-shirts. I got a mustard yellow jersey scrap from my DD friend 6 weeks ago. I wanted a t-shirt in that color so I went thru patterns..........in the end I pulled a t-shirt out of the closet that I liked the fit of and cloned it. It was a fun exercise to see if I could make a copy and just did a few tweaks. I made the shoulders wider and next time will trim them just a little..........they are better than the origional, just tiny bit too much. The shirt fits great and now that I have this pattern I am going to make a few more...............yep that will go on the blog too. Wanted DD to help me with some photos today but that did not happen so hopefully tomorrow and now I have one more item to photograph as well.

bornblesse2

5/12/20

Well Cathy, one of those shoeboxes of scrap projects got worked on tonight!  About 3 years ago (maybe longer) I was using up scraps as a leader/ ender project, and started sewing them together in strips.  Then about 2 years ago I decided to make these blocks.  At some point I had to put it away.

Tonight they came back out because I was bored ( actually, I didn’t want to read captions for the show hubby was watching.). I made about 15 more blocks.  I should have enough to sew together while at retreat get-away in June!

one more empty box.

tuckyquilter

5/12/20

Great use of your scraps.

bornblesse2

5/12/20

Yes, and I really like to sew something mindless as I go from seam to seam on a current project rather them just a scrap of fabric.  I like ending on fabric and have less threads around.

I finally got some photos of my finished carpenters wheel quilt top tonight, late evening sun is so beautiful on bright colors! I got it posted on my blog https://enchantingquilts.com I wish I could quilt this as I love quilting best and this has so much potential for beautiful designs with feathers and such..............it will just have to wait till I am reunited with my longarm. In the meantime I will just keep working on making more clothes and a few quilt projects.

Suze (casuzenn)

5/13/20

wow...LOVE the carpenter's wheel....turned out really bright and beautiful.

and the jacket..it is timeless! looks really good on you....

Suze (casuzenn) said:

wow...LOVE the carpenter's wheel

Thanks Suze, I love black and brights.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

5/13/20

judyinohio said:

overseas mail is airmail these days.

I know but this has to go through an FPO(military) so not sure how long things are taking these days.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

5/13/20

bornblesse2 said:

I should have enough to sew together while at retreat get-away in June!

Good plan to finish another UFO.  I was working on several before I was diverted to masks.  Only the 2 child's masks to make and then back to moving some quilts out of the sewing room!