Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 505110 views.
Mishii

5/16/20

Sandy in TX (Centergranny) said:

I’ve always been told NEVER SAY NEVER......

I'm saying never ever.  If we need to repaint, I will pay someone.  I'm already sore and it isn't even tomorrow yet!

Mishii said:

I'm already sore and it isn't even tomorrow yet!

Not a good sign.  

latterberry

5/17/20

Thank you!  A good friend is soon to have a new grandson so it will be sent to him. 

latterberry

5/17/20

Thanks.  It was fun to work on.

latterberry

5/17/20

Before you know it you are going to have a whole new wardrobe.  

latterberry said:

Before you know it you are going to have a whole new wardrobe.

Well I kinda do have a whole new mini Summer weardrobe. Many of the things were planned some time back so it is not like they are not needed. I am going to make a pair of pants this week that I planned to make last Fall. I went to the retreat with a list of patterns, yardage requirements and type of fabric for the trip we took to SAS. Everyone else was buying quilting cotton and I spent $94 of the $100 I planned to spend and only got 1 piece of quilting cotton. I spent most of the trip looking at all the other fabrics and ended up with a suitcase packed with clothing fabrics....................now I am slowly sewing those up. All but 3 fabrics were preplanned and I have already sewn up one of the unplanned items. When I think about it I sewed clothes most of my younger life and really enjoyed the process from planning to being able to wear the finished item. I really have a stash big enough that I will not run out of fabric for a very long time...............I will run out of thread first but so far doing good in that department as well.

We had several of those little things...red clear thing, a door peekthru, etc. Another thing you can do is take a black/white pic on your phone so you can look at just the values

Cathy (cacnurse1)

5/17/20

Finally got in to your blog again.  That Carpenter's Wheel turned out beautifully.  Glad you went forward and got the top finished.  Can't wait to see how you quilt it.  Loved the quilting on your improv quilt also.  

Cathy (cacnurse1)

5/17/20

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

I just now remembered that I have a piece of red plastic ... a product that was marketed as a "Ruby Beholder". 

I use mine all the time.  I also have a green piece that I use if the fabric is a shade of red.  Hope you found yours.