Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 502399 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

12/31/20

judyinohio said:

My email about your admiration just might provoke another giggle fit from her.

Thanks for letting me know of your friend's reaction.  I think he is so cute.  I'll enjoy looking at him as I try to get through some UFO's.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

12/31/20

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

ONE UFO AT A TIME. 

Has to be a reward.  I hope I can finish one or 2 before the retreat for Show and Tell.  I've given away what I have completed this year.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

12/31/20

This is awesome.  I can't imagine trying it.  You are so talented!

judyinohio

12/31/20

Yeah, but Dee might not like my idea because it is not longarm-able.  (Is that a word?)

Cathy (cacnurse1)

12/31/20

Maybe in free motion mode with the lines drawn first????

latterberry

1/1/21

They all turned out really cute!  Congratulations on making something  sweet out of cleaning up a box of small pieces.  I have several tubs of small pieces that I need to do that with. 

Midkid5

1/1/21

Your "pooh" quilts turned out cute, someone will enjoy them.  It does feel good to use up scraps in useful ways.

Totally off topic question for you; it is my understanding you work in a library, do you happen to know this children's book?  I don't know the name nor author....it's about a bird(?) possibly with the name Fern, who is the only one of his kind living in a nice forest....but he's lonely as all the others creatures have "siblings".....one day he decides to go looking for his kind, finds them...they are not nice...he returns alone to his friends in the nice forest.

This is a book that I read to my kids when they were little, it's kind of stuck in my head but have no idea how one would search for it.  But I do not want you to, you have other things to do, just asking as by chance you might know it.

thanks Jo

bornblesse2

1/1/21

Yes, Jo, I have built a small library over the last dozen years for our church school.  Unfortunately, I do not recognize the book you mentioned.  Have you ever visited GoodReads?  They give book recommendations and such.  You might go to there site and search under children’s book, Fern and animals....??

it might be worth a try.  Let me know if you find it.