Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 406464 views.

I also spent time last night pulling fabrics to make a quilted clock from the idea Judy K suggested.

I think I'm going to fussy cut the outside diamonds from this and use the TOT to make the center star out of diamonds.  Haven't decided on the middle blue section.  Note, the fabric with the diamonds they are not wavy, the fabric was just wrinkled.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Apr-9

Wow .. that is dramatic and amazing!   Good job!

I have a similar problem with a wall hanging that has never been in direct sunlight.  The *main* focus is a sewing machine, done in black fabric, of course.  It must have been very cheap fabric because it has faded to a faint gray.  You can hardly distinguish the sewing machine from the light background fabric.  I have photos from when it was first done; the black is BLACK.

I had not considered replacing the sewing machine, as it is the main component of the wall hanging ... but given your sterling success with your block, I'll think about it.  

Wow what a difference. I had a beautiful scrappy quilt that was on my bed for years and years. Finally I just took it off and put it in the closet. Some of the fabrics were still fine, but others had faded badly and some had holes as well. The quilt was well loved over the years so I am not too sad about it. I just choose not to use it any more. There is no fixing it at this point. I just need to use a different quilt for the bed. Someday maybe someone will make teddy bears out of that quilt or something.

Since your quilt was never really "used" and just faded in one place your fix is awesome and will enable you to continue enjoying the quilt for years to come.

Just looked at the photo of the whole quilt again and that is some amazing applique around that border!!!!!

And that quilt is why I won't do any more long vines. smiley

Blog link please? I know you post it but I need to save it...I LOVE looking at your quilts!

I have been focusing on quilting since I got back from the retreat. For two reasons. I have a place to quilt at the shop so spend most of my days up there doing that. Also it is just too cold to work in the RV where I have most of the little sewing machines (I have 3 of them in there). We drove to New Mexico Wed night so I brought some sewing projects with me. So far I have pieced all the brown and green wonkey circle blocks I started at the retreat. There are 34 blocks and that was a lot of sewing and cutting. They are now ready for me to take them back to CO where I will trim them to size and make a setting and sew them into a top.

I also traced off a new shirt pattern up there and brought that and two thrifted shirts that are 2XL with me. I picked the first shirt apart on Thurs and cut out the new patten. There was just enough fabric and had I not picked the shirt apart it would not have worked. When doing an upcycle you really need 2 to 3 sizes bigger than your size to ensure you have enough fabric. I will sew this shirt up and if I like the fit I will cut up the screaming lime green linen shirt and make the second shirt of that.

I also have the last kit from the retreat which was for a green and brown carpenter wheel so I hope to get all the triangles sewn up for that one as well. 

It is nice to get some sewing projects done and I will be ready to get back to the quilting when I get back up there. I need to finish Dee's which I have done a lot on already and then the one for Yetta. After that I am loading up another one of my UFO's I made quite some years back as I have an plan for it.............remember the 3" nine patch block swaps that we did a million swaps for. I pieced an amazing top but never quilted it.

bornblesse2

Apr-10

I am working up small quilts and a kits using up some flannel from the guild I belong to.   Today I got backing ready and batting spliced together.  Yippee!

but, the scraps are not yet gone.