Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 359627 views.
bornblesse2

Apr-21

Not much to add about pills - I am fortunate to not need too many, at least not yet.

but, I am in a pile of quilts needing binding.  Carrie quilted pink paisley on this little one.  And yesterday I sewed binding on with a new fancy stitch - discovered that this one takes a long time to stitch around a quilt, and isn’t the best to use on  those thicknesses.

but it is finished for charity.

one is done.

bornblesse2

Apr-21

This quilt is a ufo from long ago that will go to my oldest son.  About a month ago he worked up a whole unit on Eric Carle’s book “The Hungry Caterpillar”.  This will be for him to use with the kids also.  I added tabs for hanging.  It needs binding handsewn down over the next couple of weeks. Carrie quilted butterflies on it.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-21

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

Today my shoulders, thumbs, wrists all hurt.

I know that feeling.  I still do the handwork though.

bornblesse2

Apr-21

I have a couple more, but as I get a bit farther on them.  I will post.  It is feeling good to be getting something done.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-21

judyinohio said:

Anyhow, look what I found at Keepsake Quilting!

Love that backing fabric.  My color.

judyinohio said:

Sometimes DH would come home bewildered at the "dazzling" array of stuff a person would be taking

Oh, I’m sure he was, lol. 

latterberry

Apr-22

Now that is going to be one stunning quilt!  I love all he beautiful colors of your batiks. You have been sewing up a storm lately. I'm sorry the aches and pains make it a bit of a challenge,--thank goodness for pain meds.  So far my hands and shoulders aren't complaining, but my hips, knees, and ankles like to stiffen up and ache.  So fun getting old.

judyinohio

Apr-22

If I was still capable of holding a needle for hours on end for counted-cross stitch work, I would stitch up a wall hanging piece that says "Old Age is not for Sissies".  stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes 

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-24

Last weekend Carrie delivered 4 charity quilts to me that she had quilted.  I've been working on binding for them.  It's all made.  Hopefully tomorrow I can sew it on.  I will machine bind these.  I need the practice.  Judy, let your friend know that the ox is still urging me on to complete projects.  Some of them don't need much but I just have to go ahead and do it.

Yesterday I went to a small quilt show at the Gilbert Museum with 3 other quilters from the church group.  At that time I delivered 5 quilts that I had already completed.  I have previously posted them here so won't again.  It was nice to get them out of the house.

Also Tuesday, Bob assembled a cubby hole piece of furniture from Ikea for my sewing room.  It sits where my long arm used to be but doesn't take as much space.  I've been working on filling it with what was in boxes stored under the long arm.

I decided I wanted to use up some of the misc. noodles in my scrap bin. The colors are a door prize from an AZ retreat I don't remember how many years ago.  The black/whites are some more of the ones given me by a cousin  - her mother has a thing about cutting noodles and then donating them to her.  The cousin doesn't like black/white quilts much but I do so she passed them on to me.  This is the 2nd quilt with them and I still have enough for a 3rd.  The block is from Kim Bracket's book Scrap basket surprises, I think this is the 4th or 5th quilt I've made from that author's books.  I feel like I'm doing a jigsaw puzzle - fun to see how it's coming out.