Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 453867 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

May-25

I have continued working on my non road trip Forever Project, "A Gathering of Quails"  I have finished the 3rd row. I have two more quail rows to do and the 4 rows of eggs, which are in between the quail rows

You are making great progress on that. It looks so fun.

viola (sissly4)

May-25

Thank you Lynn I like that one too.I could not wait until I get my sewing room set up.

viola (sissly4)

May-25

Shelly that is going to be a lovely wall hanging when you get done.

latterberry

May-25

Thanks, I liked it too.  It would be great if you just wanted some mindless sewing.  No doubt you will be happy to get your new sewing room set up.  Will you have as much room as you are used to?

MelRN

May-25

Great for our old 3.5" 9's!

NanaSuz

May-25

Judy, it's hard for me to work on more than one at a time. Maybe because I get frustrated and worried. I haven't posted for a while and you all look so much more accomplished than I am. Right now I'm doing easy charity quilts just to stay busy. Hopefully soon we will get on with our lives and I'll try something hard. 

NanaSuz

judyinohio

May-25

NanaSuz, I am finding it difficult to juggle the sewing for two quilt ideas at the same time now there's the third quilt lurking on my HQ waiting for a new pantograph pattern to arrive. So that means I'll have three projects rattling around in my brain.

Juggle, juggle, juggle.

Judy the Geriatric Juggler. persevere

Leaders and enders are good while I am sewing on the first project but I don't want too many of them to pile up into a monster heap so I work on the second idea a little bit at a time before I create an unworkable mess of "twosies".  (With leaders and enders you can be stuck facing a horrid heap of squares that need to be pressed open; that's what happened to me in 2011 when I was creating quilts for my twin granddaughters.)

It's all a matter of having some shallow boxes to keep some of the stuff somewhat organized. And my red strings and neutral strings are in laundry baskets that I don't need for laundry any more.

NanaSuz

May-25

Judy, thanks for the reply. It's not just me!! 

I think this past year has made it difficult for all of us to keep our creativity going. 

Have a good evening.

NanaSuz