Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 477024 views.
bornblesse2

May-29

You never know!  I have 2 quilters that I know that will do a few charity quilts!  I use them regularly, so they are willing to do a charity now and again, when they like the charity.  I try to chose the quilts that really deserve the long armers talents!

latterberry

May-30

NanaSuz said:

Just once I'd love to see the face of the woman somewhere around the world as she gets my quilt

I know, that would be great wouldn't it?

NanaSuz

May-30

Good Morning Lynne,

That would be so special to watch. I can only imagine. I was looking at the beautiful quilt tops that you posted this week. They are beautiful. Where do you donate them to charity? Some groups are in for a lovely gift.  Have a great holiday weekend, even if it is a little cold. Our furnace came on the last two nights.

NanaSuz

latterberry

May-30

Thank you for the kind words.  I make up a bunch and kind of stockpile them.  Then I take some to the children's hospital, a pregnancy center that promotes keeping the baby or adoption, and a children's home/orphanage.  They are all about an hour away from me so I wait until I have a bunch to take.  

Our furnace kicked on too, but it is clear and beautiful and I prefer it cool.  I forgot--where do you live?

NanaSuz

May-30

Lynne, you sound like me. I enjoy  sewing quilts for children. They are so colorful and bright.

I live in SW Ohio. Not too far north of Cincinnati.  We had sunshine this morning, but it's still cool for the end of May. 

Hopefully it will get brighter in JUne.

Take care,

NanaSuz

latterberry

May-31

Well, we are almost neighbors. There aren't too many of us on the forum east of the Mississippi.  Enjoy this nice cool weather.  We both know how hot and humid the midwest gets!

well can I just say that sewing down a binding by hand takes a darn long time!  I've spent two evenings and I'm only half way around.  I am going carefully because Ami has put the idea in my head I might want to enter it in a show.  so I feel like the quilt police are looking over my shoulder.  but still .  thanks goodness it's not any larger.

I also go the word last night that the young woman I was hemming the bridesmaid dress has been put on bed rest.  There is still a chance she will be able to be in the wedding if they can get her blood pressure down, but she can't come for another fitting.  So I guess I'm going to cut and turn that little hem on faith.  If she is in the wedding she may be sitting down, so the hem isn't as critical.   I was worried about this.  She was already so big and huffing and puffing, working full time, etc.  You remember, that usual young woman who thinks she can do everything, and a nurse to boot.  She hasn't yet learned that some times your body has other ideas.  I could tell her but I knew she wouldn't listen.  It had to be her doctor.  Ah well, life happens.  She will learn soon enough that despite best intentions, she is no longer in control. smile

I bet it is exciting that your quilt is finally on the finish line.

I do hope the young lady is able to still be in the wedding.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-1

I've finished the 4th row in A Gathering of Quails.   One more quail row to go and then all the eggs rows that go between them.